CAPI Control my Kwikset Locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAPI Control my Kwikset Locks

My home has 4 Kwikset locks that are Zwave controlled. I generally control the locks from an event triggered by my Honeywell security system Dis-arming, which unlocks two of my back doors so we can go out back with the dogs.
    When the Honeywell Arms an event is triggered to go ahead and lock all 4 locks, we also run that event with our Good-Night event to be sure the house is locked up.

I noticed a tendency for the locks to mess up and not always lock or unlock right away, and quite often the Notification device would not get information back from the lock as to what just happened. In the Log file I noticed that the events are just changing the status of the lock device from Lock to Unlock.

When operating the locks from my Designer touch screen the log file shows that the CAPI Control Handler is changing the status of the locks from Unlock (0) to Locked (255). This is the same method used by HS when I would press lock or unlock button on the Device Manager page.

Then I noticed, that when the locks are controlled by the CAPI commands, that my Notification Device was getting informed of the locks status just after the lock device changed status. (Every Time)

So today's project was to install a script that would utilize the CAPI Control Handler to control the locks and take control away from the event trigger actions. Here is a peek at what I came up with.

This unlocks the two back doors:
    Code:
    Sub Main(parm as object)
    '
    hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(1231,True,"Unlock",False,False))
    hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(1277,True,"Unlock",False,False))
    End Sub
    Code:
    Sub Main(parm as object)
    '
    hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(1231,True,"Lock",False,False))
    hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(1277,True,"Lock",False,False))
    hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(1215,True,"Lock",False,False))
    hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(1220,True,"Lock",False,False))
    '
    '
    End Sub
    This locks up all four doors. The locking and unlocking works much faster now and the Notification device gets updated every time. I used tenScriptAid to help me with my syntax on the script files.

BlairG
    Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
    | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
    Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
    BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4
Working...
X