Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to trigger Alarm, not activate

Hi,

I have the Vista 20 panel and the A2USB connected and I can activate the alarm with its multiple modes such as (Activate stay, Activate Away, Deactivate).

I have a zone in my house without a Motion sensor, I installed a Aeotec Multisensor 6 in this zone and wanted to activate the "panic" mode with an event using the following:

If VistaPanel is "activated away"
    AND If Motion is detected
    Then....Control a Device...Vista Panel...however there is no option only to "turn the Audible Alarm as defined in the panic functions".

The manual states the following:
    To activate Panic Function.- Press and hold at least 2 seconds whichever lettered key on the keypad that has been programmed for the desired emergency function.

how do we trigger these panic functions?

Thanks
    Chris
    Attached Files
    Last edited by clafa; July 5, 2016, 10:08 PM.

you have a couple of options

1. use the Vista Alarm Send Command action to send A, B, C, or D. these relate to the keypad btns. send the letter that corresponds to the function you need.

2. you could create an additional zone in the panel and then enable the Virtual Zone (VZ) feature of the ad2usb and create a VZ in plugin to allow the plugin to fault the panel zone based on the motion sensor.

On a side note, for consistency purposes in the forum, the Vista Alarm uses the expression Arm and Disarm not "Activate stay, Activate Away, Deactivate"
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      you have a couple of options

1. use the Vista Alarm Send Command action to send A, B, C, or D. these relate to the keypad btns. send the letter that corresponds to the function you need.
      "
      Hey. I don't see the send command function. Could this be because I don't have my button configured yet?

Comment

Originally posted by CameronHilliard View Post
        Hey. I don't see the send command function. Could this be because I don't have my button configured yet?
        the send command is an vista alarm action available in an event definition
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X