Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RadioThermostat 1.0.16295.69

Fixed several bugs
    Added support for Amazon Alexa/Echo integration.

Alexa Integration

If I have the Homeseer API and the Homeseer skill already loaded into my Echo, What else is needed? Also, what can I control on the CT50 using Alexa?

Also when I select the Radio Therm plugin in the manager for configuration of a new t-sat, all I get is a window that asks me to Manually Add Device by entering the IP address of the T-Stat. Is this normal or should there be a config page?

1.0.16322.107: RadioThermostat

-Cliff

Comment

Originally posted by cbabkirk View Post
      If I have the Homeseer API and the Homeseer skill already loaded into my Echo, What else is needed? Also, what can I control on the CT50 using Alexa?

Also when I select the Radio Therm plugin in the manager for configuration of a new t-sat, all I get is a window that asks me to Manually Add Device by entering the IP address of the T-Stat. Is this normal or should there be a config page?

1.0.16322.107: RadioThermostat

-Cliff
      The plugin will auto-discover your thermostats. The manual add is only for if your thermostat is not on the same network as your controller.

Comment

Additions,

Thanks for the answer on discovering thermostats. How long should that process take before I worry if something is not working? Would there be a message if a tstat could not be discovered?

Also what was added to the plug-in for Alexa/Echo intergration?

Do you know if the messaging area via the API is available on the CT50?

_Cliff

Comment

Originally posted by cbabkirk View Post
          Thanks for the answer on discovering thermostats. How long should that process take before I worry if something is not working? Would there be a message if a tstat could not be discovered?

Also what was added to the plug-in for Alexa/Echo intergration?

Do you know if the messaging area via the API is available on the CT50?

_Cliff
          Discovery should be near instant.
          In order to make it usable with Alexa, the control use property of the thermostat mode had to be set to a different value.
          If a thermostat is not discovered there will be no message.
          The messaging area is available via API for the CT50 but my plugin does not use it.

If you would like to test discovery, I have created a separate stand-alone executable that uses just the discovery code to make sure it's finding your thermostats. I will attach the discovery tool so you can use it to test. Simply run the tool and it should show a console window with all the thermostats it has discovered as shown below:

Attached Files

Comment

FYI the discovery program finds my thermostat and then crashes. My plugin is working fine, but I just wanted to bring this to your attention in case it needs to be fixed. This is on Windows 10 x64.
            Attached Files

Comment

Exception

Hello Kingfetty,

I got the exact same error msg as joey52685. It did discover the IP for the T-stat correctly. See the attachement from joey52685. I have the same OS...Win 10 64bit. What platform / OS do you use when running this program?

Cliff

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, I assure you I'm working on it, just haven't been around with the holidays lately.

Comment

Working...
                X