Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crashing with changes in ISY

Hi Bob,

The plugin is working for the most part. The only problem I'm having is that if I make any changes whatsoever in the ISY console it crashes the plugin in HS3. I have to remember to go back and pretty much stop and restart HS3 each time.

Any ideas about this?

mark

Originally posted by MarkJames View Post
    Hi Bob,

The plugin is working for the most part. The only problem I'm having is that if I make any changes whatsoever in the ISY console it crashes the plugin in HS3. I have to remember to go back and pretty much stop and restart HS3 each time.

Any ideas about this?

mark
    It shouldn't crash. I haven't noticed it happening while I test, but I haven't really made changes on the ISY later either.

Do you have an example and a stack dump from the crash?
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post
      It shouldn't crash. I haven't noticed it happening while I test, but I haven't really made changes on the ISY later either.

Do you have an example and a stack dump from the crash?
      Not to exaggerate but it seems to happen with any change to my ISY configuration. As I port my ISY programs etc. to HS3 it happens quite often for me.

How would I get you a stack dump?

mark

Comment

Originally posted by MarkJames View Post
        Not to exaggerate but it seems to happen with any change to my ISY configuration. As I port my ISY programs etc. to HS3 it happens quite often for me.
        An example just gives me something to start from. Otherwise, what I try may not be something that causes your crash.

Are you making program changes? Deleting a program from the ISY and then saving? Are you changing a large number of programs on the ISY and then saving? Are you adding/renaming/changing devices?

How would I get you a stack dump?

mark
        When the plug-in crashes, there should be a message in the HomeSeer log that has some information about what caused the crash. It usually lists the functions in the plug-in where the problem occurred, that's the stack dump.

That information will really help pin-point where the problem is.

The plug-in really should not crash so the fact that it is, means I've missed something and want to get that corrected. Thanks for reporting this and any help in tracking down the cause.
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in
        http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Working...
        X