Can HS-WD100 Switches Be Associated with Each Other

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can HS-WD100 Switches Be Associated with Each Other

First I want the thank everyone on this site. I have used this site as a valuable source to make my first step into home automation.
    Now for my first home automation question. Is it possible to associate 2 HS-WD100 switches together? One switch is controlling the load and the other is just connected to line and neutral. According to this link it is https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=188293 But it is not possible according to
    https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...180703&page=15

You can do what you want to do without creating an association. Just use the new device linking feature in HS3. You can find that at the very bottom of the device configuration tab. In your case go into the settings for the switch that's connected to line and neutral only (the "companion") and use the device linking menu to select the the other (load carrying) switch. Then, when you change the value of the companion (on-off-dim), it will set the load switch to the same value.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
      You can do what you want to do without creating an association. Just use the new device linking feature in HS3. You can find that at the very bottom of the device configuration tab. In your case go into the settings for the switch that's connected to line and neutral only (the "companion") and use the device linking menu to select the the other (load carrying) switch. Then, when you change the value of the companion (on-off-dim), it will set the load switch to the same value.
      What about the other way around, if the load switch changes value, does the companion switch value change as well? Or do you need to go into the settings of the load switch and link it back to the companion as well?

Comment

You link A to B and B to A. When either one changes, the other one does also. Works perfectly at the switch or event driven.

Comment

Working...
        X