Fibaro FGPB-101 "The Button"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wondering if anyone has purchased one of these -- looks really cool. Different colors even!

http://www.fibaro.com/us/the-fibaro-system/the-button

It's a Z-Wave Plus Scene Controller, so I'm assuming at a minimum we would be able to detect button presses and do events off them.
    Attached Files

I just saw these and instantly thought 'easy' button for home automation!!!

2nd thought was, wonder if HowSeer fully supports them.

Comment

I saw them too, but a little too expensive. If they sold these for $29.95, I'd buy a few, but at $49.99, I can't see myself buying any...

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Since it reveals a Central Scene Controller (Z-Wave Plus) device, it should be fully compatible for triggering off events.

Comment

Originally posted by mikedr View Post
          Since it reveals a Central Scene Controller (Z-Wave Plus) device, it should be fully compatible for triggering off events.
          "The Button is a simple Z-Wave scene controller that allows you to activate or deactivate any device or scene within your Z-Wave network. The Button can be programmed to save up to 5 devices or scenes and trigger them based on different actions. Press the button 1 to 5 times or hold it down to activate/deactivate devices or scenes. It is battery operated and can be mounted virtually anywhere in your home. For example, press The Button once and the system can turn off the lights, lock the doors, and set the alarm. Mount it on your nightstand to quickly shut down your home for the night. The Button comes in 8 different colors to match any interior"

A bit pricey but finds a need.

Fibaro must have spent some change on their Button Video, it is pretty slick
          DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
          BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by DSteiNeuro View Post
            Fibaro must have spent some change on their Button Video, it is pretty slick
            It was a great video. It made me want to buy several to equip the ole bat cave.

It was interesting how they carved the underside of the desk to make it blend / hide more.

Comment

I have purchased several of these devices and setup the first device today. Here are some snapshots of what it looks like in Homeseer. This included with no issues. I was able to setup all button press types, releases, etc.. with no issues. Great "Easy" button for functions in my house (IE: blind individual group up, down, stop; lighting scenes, etc...)
              Attached Files

Comment

That's great news! I'm beginning to think that HS3 basically inherently supports Z Plus Scene Controller class devices like this. I seem to recall someone saying that they had success with the Enerwave 8 button remote as well.

Comment

I've been looking for a zwave controllable robo-button. Something I can use to mechanically push a button on a device to turn it on and then turn it off. Is this that device?

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky View Post
                    I've been looking for a zwave controllable robo-button. Something I can use to mechanically push a button on a device to turn it on and then turn it off. Is this that device?

Yes. You can have up to 5 actions on the button all by press

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can you control the length of time of the push, I mean some buttons do something different if the are pushed in quickly or pushed in and held for a second?

Comment

is it a scene controller or mechanical button pusher, or both?

So you are sure this button can mechanically push another button say on a device I want to turn off and on? It seems to be marketed as a scene controller, which is not what I am looking for

Comment

It controls scenes. Example. I use the button to trigger rolling my bedroom shades up or down. Have it set to also run event to turn all my lights off in case the kids leave one on.

Comment

In reading the reviews on Amazon, it appears that some people are having problems with this device with SmartThings -- are you encountering the same thing with HomeSeer?

Here's the issue:

The button physically is very nice and satisfying. It looks great and feels good to press. It has a fatal flaw that basically makes it unusable for its intended purpose. If you have not pressed the button in a while (few hours) then the first button press or two you do will not register. I have had to hit it two to three times sometimes to make it register even one button push. If you were trying to use the multiple button press functionality you would have no way of knowing how many times you had to hit it to get it to work as intended.

Comment

Originally posted by mikedr View Post
                              In reading the reviews on Amazon, it appears that some people are having problems with this device with SmartThings -- are you encountering the same thing with HomeSeer?

Here's the issue:

I have not had this issue at all and it sits idle for several hours. Once engaged, it's responds right away.

Comment

Working...
                              X