Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by serky View Post
    Bob,

I was able to create this but it does not work. Have any experience with Events?

Does it know power os on based off the commands sent?

Thanks,

Jason
    The Harmony plug-in is for control of the hubs only, it will not report changes you make with a Harmony remote.

Also your screenshot is not an event. You might start by looking at the Event Clinic Table of Contents and begin reading about how events are structured. Group Conditions and Group Actions can only be used within events in the group and must specifically be called within the events Conditions and Actions.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks Randy. I will look at the guide you supplied. IS there a way to do what I am attempting?

Comment

Thanks for your help Randy !!
        Regards,

Rien du Pre
        The Netherlands
        Using:
        Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
        Plugin's:
        RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Hi Jason,
          I am also new to both Homeseer and to the Harmony plug-in, so I don't yet know the answer to your question. However, I do know that you could automate the music to go off when you turn the TV on if you use either Amazon Alexa commands or Homeseer commands to turn the TV on. So, for instance, you could say "Alexa tell Homeseer to turn on a movie" and then have Homeseer run a series of commands to turn on the television activity through Harmony and turn off the music or lights with standard Homeseer commands.

If I figure out how to do this by using your Harmony remote, I'll re-post later.

-- Bob

Comment

Originally posted by serky View Post
            Bob,

Thanks so much. I see the Hub now. That was awesome.

If you don't mind and can lead me in the proper direction:

How would I create an event? For example when I use the Harmony to turn the TV on, I would like Homeseer to run the music off button.

I have been trying to set this up but am unclear without a little more direction.

Jason
            I need a little clarification to give you help. What is the "music off button". I need to know where this device is.

As I wrote above the Harmony plug-in will not report to HomeSeer, it can only be controlled. There is no way that HomeSeer can tell that you turned your TV on with the Harmony remote. I use smart switches on my TVs so that the power consumed is reported to HomeSeer, so when the TV is turned on, the reported energy increases from 0 watts to about 100. I use this current as a trigger or condition in events to control other devices when the TV is turned on or off.

Comment

Smart Switches

Hi Randy,
              What brand/model of smart switch do you use to test for voltage on your TVs?

Comment

TV Smart Switch

Hi Randy,
                Can you tell us what brand/model of smart switch you are using to check if the TV is on? Thanks - Bob

Comment

Sorry, I missed this in February. I use Aeotec smart strips on our three systems. They have 4 switchable and 6 monitored outputs. That way I can look at the energy and control the power to several items. Each of the three rooms have a TV, DirecTV, Sonos, HTPC, receiver, powered subwoofer and Harmony remote. The switched outlets are the TV, receiver and Sonos, DirecTV and HTPC. The subwoofers are on separate Aeon smart switch modules. We also have other Sonos and DirecTV receivers in rooms that don't have complete entertainment systems.

That way we can
                  • Monitor the current in the receiver to control the subwoofer power. On standby they still sit at about 17 watts, so the smart switch will completely disconnect them when they are not used. If the receiver is drawing over 40 watts, the subwoofer is powered on.
                  • We can shut off the standby to the HTPC, receiver and Sonos when they are not being used. When the house is vacant, everything except the DirecTV Genie server is turned off. All totaled, that is almost 200 watts of vampire loads.
                  • We can monitor the current of the devices to trigger other events
                  • When the receiver is drawing current, a relay will divert the Sonos to the surround speakers for announcements or any other Sonos playback.
                  • In the media room there is a LCD TV and a ceiling mounted projector. Lighting levels and configuration are determined by the current draw of the TV or projector. The Harmony remote will determine whether we are watching the TV or dropping the screen for the projector.

There are many other events that look to current draws, occupancy status and other factors for notifications and control.

Comment

Permissions corrected but still get nada...

Dear Rien,

I am still missing my 3 hubs and their activities after having corrected the permissions as you have posted here.

I believe I have the permissions right (see attached, please) and since then I have restarted the HS3 and disabled and re-enabled the plug-in.

Following that I tried scanning for new devices and activities but as of yet I am showing no devices or activities.

I do, however, have 3 new Logitech Harmony Hub Activity, Power Off devices for each of the 3 hubs.

Any Ideas ? Thanks, Mike
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mikedeissler View Post
                      Dear Rien,

I am still missing my 3 hubs and their activities after having corrected the permissions as you have posted here.

I believe I have the permissions right (see attached, please) and since then I have restarted the HS3 and disabled and re-enabled the plug-in.

Following that I tried scanning for new devices and activities but as of yet I am showing no devices or activities.

I do, however, have 3 new Logitech Harmony Hub Activity, Power Off devices for each of the 3 hubs.

Any Ideas ? Thanks, Mike
                      Hi Mike,

Please sent me the plugin logging during the scan, with debug on please.

Thanks,
                      Rien
                      Regards,

Rien du Pre
                      The Netherlands
                      Using:
                      Plugin's:
                      RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Dear Rien,

Here is the log you requested followed by my system config; many thanks:

Jun-05 9:33:25 AM Harmony Hub Error Plugin: Harmony Hub Get Activities ApplicationName='/usr/local/HomeSeer/bin/HarmonyHub/harmonyhubcontrol_linux.exe', CommandLine='mikedeissler@gmail.com password 10.0.1.11 list_activities_raw', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Cannot find the specified file-
                        Jun-05 9:33:25 AM Harmony Hub Error Plugin: Harmony Hub Get Activities ApplicationName='/usr/local/HomeSeer/bin/HarmonyHub/harmonyhubcontrol_linux.exe', CommandLine='mikedeissler@gmail.com password 10.0.1.9 list_activities_raw', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Cannot find the specified file-
                        Jun-05 9:33:25 AM Harmony Hub Error Plugin: Harmony Hub Get Activities ApplicationName='/usr/local/HomeSeer/bin/HarmonyHub/harmonyhubcontrol_linux.exe', CommandLine='mikedeissler@gmail.com password10.0.1.10 10.0.1.10 list_activities_raw', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Cannot find the specified file-
                        Jun-05 9:33:15 AM Harmony Hub Error Plugin: Harmony Hub Get Activities ApplicationName='/usr/local/HomeSeer/bin/HarmonyHub/harmonyhubcontrol_linux.exe', CommandLine='mikedeissler@gmail.com password 10.0.1.11 list_activities_raw', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Cannot find the specified file-
                        Jun-05 9:33:15 AM Harmony Hub Error Plugin: Harmony Hub Get Activities ApplicationName='/usr/local/HomeSeer/bin/HarmonyHub/harmonyhubcontrol_linux.exe', CommandLine='mikedeissler@gmail.com password 10.0.1.9 list_activities_raw', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Cannot find the specified file-
                        Jun-05 9:33:15 AM Harmony Hub Error Plugin: Harmony Hub Get Activities ApplicationName='/usr/local/HomeSeer/bin/HarmonyHub/harmonyhubcontrol_linux.exe', CommandLine='mikedeissler@gmail.com password10.0.1.10 10.0.1.10 list_activities_raw', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Cannot find the specified file-
                        Jun-05 9:32:40 AM Harmony Hub Error Plugin: Harmony Hub Get Devices ApplicationName='/usr/local/HomeSeer/bin/HarmonyHub/harmonyhubcontrol_linux.exe', CommandLine='mikedeissler@gmail.com password 10.0.1.11 list_devices_raw', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Cannot find the specified file-
                        Jun-05 9:32:40 AM Harmony Hub Error Plugin: Harmony Hub Get Devices ApplicationName='/usr/local/HomeSeer/bin/HarmonyHub/harmonyhubcontrol_linux.exe', CommandLine='mikedeissler@gmail.com password 10.0.1.9 list_devices_raw', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Cannot find the specified file-
                        Jun-05 9:32:40 AM Harmony Hub Error Plugin: Harmony Hub Get Devices ApplicationName='/usr/local/HomeSeer/bin/HarmonyHub/harmonyhubcontrol_linux.exe', CommandLine='mikedeissler@gmail.com password10.0.1.10 10.0.1.10 list_devices_raw', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Cannot find the specified file-
                        Jun-05 9:32:30 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Harmony Hub
                        Jun-05 9:32:30 AM Harmony Hub InitIO called, plug-in is being initialized...
                        Jun-05 9:32:30 AM Info Plugin Harmony Hub has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:42328
                        Jun-05 9:32:29 AM Plug-In Interface Harmony Hub is running as a trial, 30 days remaining.
                        Jun-05 9:32:04 AM Info Plugin Harmony Hub with instance: has disconnected
                        Jun-05 9:32:04 AM Plug-In Shutting down Plug-In: Harmony Hub

Current Date/Time: 6/5/2017 9:35:32 AM
                        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.318
                        Linux version: Linux hometrollerSEL 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 22 Hours 13 Minutes 57 Seconds
                        IP Address: 10.0.1.5
                        Number of Devices: 85
                        Number of Events: 7
                        Available Threads: 199
                        License: Registered
                        License: 94185
                        User Name and Access Level: mik (Admin)
                        WAN IP Address: 71.94.93.100
                        Web Server Port: 80

Enabled Plug-Ins
                        2.0.47.0: BLOnkyo
                        3.0.22.30668: Blue-Iris
                        3.6.5.0: Harmony Hub
                        3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
                        1.1.2.8: JowiHue
                        3.0.1.87: Z-Wave

Comment

Posted

Comment

Hi Mike,

You've set the permissions to the wrong file. Because you have a 'SEL" you need to set the permissions to 'harmonyhubcontrol_linux.exe'

Please do that, and it will work :-)
                            Regards,

Rien du Pre
                            The Netherlands
                            Using:
                            Plugin's:
                            RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Still having problems...

Dear Rien,

I corrected the permissions and the log seems to indicate that the plugin found something but devices page seems say it didn't. I tried rescanning devices and activities and creating HS devices and activities but the only devices that were created are three devices with the names of the harmony hubs.

No harmony devices appear in the HS events devices drop down for selecting a device to act on.

Here is the info:

Current Date/Time: 6/6/2017 10:01:05 AM
                              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.318
                              Linux version: Linux hometrollerSEL 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 14 Minutes 24 Seconds
                              IP Address: 10.0.1.5
                              Number of Devices: 87
                              Number of Events: 7
                              Available Threads: 199
                              License: Registered
                              License: 94185
                              User Name and Access Level: mik (Admin)
                              WAN IP Address: 71.94.93.100
                              Web Server Port: 80
                              Location: (Latitude) 39.487662 (Longitude) -119.840284

Enabled Plug-Ins
                              2.0.47.0: BLOnkyo
                              3.0.22.30668: Blue-Iris
                              3.6.5.0: Harmony Hub
                              3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
                              1.1.2.8: JowiHue
                              3.0.1.87: Z-Wave

homeseer@hometrollerSEL:/usr/local/HomeSeer/bin/HarmonyHub$ ls -l
                              total 6124
                              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 305152 Dec 9 19:09 HarmonyHubControl.exe
                              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 408248 Dec 15 12:19 harmonyhubcontrol_linux_arm.exe
                              -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 383480 Dec 15 14:53 harmonyhubcontrol_linux.exe
                              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 821224 Nov 6 2012 msvcp110d.dll
                              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 815192 May 15 2014 msvcp120d.dll
                              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1697232 Nov 6 2012 msvcr110d.dll
                              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1824344 May 17 2014 msvcr120d.dll

Jun-06 9:59:56 AM Harmony HubInfo Activity device for Hub3 allready exists
                              Jun-06 9:59:56 AM Harmony HubInfo Activity device for Hub2 allready exists
                              Jun-06 9:59:56 AM Harmony HubInfo Activity device for Hub1 allready exists
                              Jun-06 9:58:47 AM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Activities output for :Hub3: -
                              Jun-06 9:58:47 AM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub OS type is 1
                              Jun-06 9:58:47 AM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Activities output for :Hub2: -
                              Jun-06 9:58:47 AM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Activities output for :Hub1: -
                              Jun-06 9:58:18 AM Z-Wave Device: Node 7 Z-Wave Home Security Set to NOTIFICATION for type Home Security, Event: Motion Detected Unknown Location
                              Jun-06 9:58:18 AM Z-Wave Device: Node 7 Z-Wave Sensor Binary Reserved Set to On/Open/Motion
                              Jun-06 9:57:54 AM Z-Wave SmartStick+: Z-Wave Wake-Up 'No More Info' Notification sent to Node 7(Node 7 Z-Wave Aeon Labs Multilevel Sensor).
                              Jun-06 9:57:54 AM Z-Wave SmartStick+: Wake-Up Notification Processing for Node 7 (Node 7 Z-Wave Aeon Labs Multilevel Sensor)
                              Jun-06 9:57:54 AM Z-Wave SmartStick+: Z-Wave Wake-Up Notification Received for Node 7
                              Jun-06 9:57:54 AM Z-Wave Device: Node 7 Z-Wave Luminance Set to 23 (Lux)
                              Jun-06 9:57:48 AM Z-Wave Device: Node 7 Z-Wave Temperature Set to 73 (F)
                              Jun-06 9:57:43 AM Info Amazon Echo Discovery requested, version: 2
                              Jun-06 9:57:40 AM Harmony Hub Error Exception in Hub_Polling_Timer_Elapsed : Conversion from string "" to type 'Integer' is not valid.
                              Jun-06 9:57:40 AM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Active Activity output for:Hub3: -
                              Jun-06 9:57:40 AM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Active Activity output for:Hub2: -
                              Jun-06 9:57:40 AM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Active Activity output for:Hub1: -
                              Jun-06 9:57:22 AM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Devices output for :Hub3: -
                              Jun-06 9:57:22 AM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Devices output for :Hub2: -
                              Jun-06 9:57:22 AM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Devices output for :Hub1: -
                              Jun-06 9:54:48 AM Info Amazon Echo Discovery requested, version: 2
                              Jun-06 9:52:41 AM Harmony Hub Error Exception in Hub_Polling_Timer_Elapsed : Conversion from string "" to type 'Integer' is not valid.
                              Jun-06 9:52:40 AM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Active Activity output for:Hub3: -
                              Jun-06 9:52:40 AM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Active Activity output for:Hub2: -
                              Jun-06 9:52:40 AM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Active Activity output for:Hub1: -
                              Jun-06 9:48:04 AM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Devices output for :Hub3: -
                              Jun-06 9:48:04 AM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Devices output for :Hub2: -
                              Jun-06 9:48:04 AM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Devices output for :Hub1: -
                              Jun-06 9:47:50 AM Z-Wave SmartStick+: Z-Wave Wake-Up 'No More Info' Notification sent to Node 7(Node 7 Z-Wave Aeon Labs Multilevel Sensor).
                              Jun-06 9:47:49 AM Z-Wave SmartStick+: Wake-Up Notification Processing for Node 7 (Node 7 Z-Wave Aeon Labs Multilevel Sensor)
                              Jun-06 9:47:41 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Harmony Hub
                              Jun-06 9:47:41 AM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Architecture is: i686C
                              Jun-06 9:47:41 AM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test CPU platform: Architecture: i686 CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit Byte Order: Little Endian CPU(s): 2 On-line CPU(s) list: 0,1 Thread(s) per core: 1 Core(s) per socket: 2 Socket(s): 1 Vendor ID: GenuineIntel CPU family: 6 Model: 55 Stepping: 8 CPU MHz: 2366.464 BogoMIPS: 3161.60 Virtualization: VT-x L1d cache: 24K L1i cache: 32K L2 cache: 1024K
                              Jun-06 9:47:41 AM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Running on Linux version
                              Jun-06 9:47:41 AM Harmony Hub InitIO called, plug-in is being initialized...
                              Jun-06 9:47:40 AM Info Plugin Harmony Hub has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:60841
                              Jun-06 9:47:40 AM Plug-In Interface Harmony Hub is running as a trial, 28 days remaining.

Hub 1 devicename: LivingRoom Location: Not Set Hub1 is: Enabled

Hub 1 Devices:

No devices found

Hub 1 Activities:

No activities found

Hub 2 devicename: Office Location: Not Set Hub2 is: Enabled

Hub 2 Devices:

No devices found

Hub 2 Activities:

No activities found

Hub 3 devicename: Bedroom Location: Not Set Hub3 is: Enabled

Hub 3 Devices:

No devices found

Hub 3 Activities:

No activities found

My Hub Configuration Page reads:

Hub 1 enabled: YES

Hub 1 userid: mikedeissler@gmail.commikedeissler@gmail.commikedeissler@gmail.com

Comment

New log error...

Rien, Sorry to spam you but this error is now showing up every 5 minutes; not sure if it's related to the above....

Jun-07 6:21:36 PM Harmony Hub Error Exception in Hub_Polling_Timer_Elapsed : Conversion from string "" to type 'Integer' is not valid.
                                Jun-07 6:16:36 PM Harmony Hub Error Exception in Hub_Polling_Timer_Elapsed : Conversion from string "" to type 'Integer' is not valid.

Thanks, Mik

Comment

Working...
                                X