No announcement yet.

Alarm system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The slim version looks good, problem I have is all my windows and doors are being replaced and they will be anthracite colour, I could just spray paint them but don't think the mrs will like all these sensors on our new shiny Windows! DSC isn't available in the UK yet either and from their vague response I can't see it happening anytime soon.

Thinking of going down the control4 route and having a wired pir system. I have seen aeotec are bringing out a zwave glass break sensor, hopefully not too far in the distant future so this in an option.

Anyone here using conrol4? I saw some chatter about a plugin for homeseer...

Comment

Thanks for the pic

Comment

Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
        @rprade

I wasn't aware that you can hook up other company sensors, like Bosch, to the DSC. I was limiting my shopping list to their own devices.

What exactly do you use for your driveway monitor and how easy was it to integrate with the DSC?

Also, you mention your window/door sensors are very subtle. Which ones did you go with? I am leaning away from the drill-in plunger ones but not sure if the side-mounts will stick out too much visually.
        Most of the motion sensors have 12VDC power requirements and have N.C. contacts. These will work with DSC, Honeywell and most alarm systems.

My driveway is monitored with 2 Bosch Tritech sensors. They are both PIR and microwave and short range (6 meter). Both sensors have to detect motion in order for the motion to be reported. Each sensor can false trigger, but for different reasons. A person or an automobile will trigger both. I don't use security zones for the driveway since they are not an alarm zone, they are connected with an Arduino. You could an alarm zone, just set it to 24 hour non alarm. Either way, they will report back to HomeSeer for events relative to driveway occupancy.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Randy

Are the tritech motion sensors that you are using outdoor rated, or do you just have them positioned in sheltered locations? I need to add driveway sensors and the outdoor rated ones I was finding were considerably more expensive

Cheers
          cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
            Randy

Are the tritech motion sensors that you are using outdoor rated, or do you just have them positioned in sheltered locations? I need to add driveway sensors and the outdoor rated ones I was finding were considerably more expensive

Cheers
            They are not outdoor rated. They have been tucked up under my eaves for well over a year and are clean internally and still working well.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
              They are not outdoor rated. They have been tucked up under my eaves for well over a year and are clean internally and still working well.

Thanks
              cheeryfool

Comment

Working...
              X