Zone Status Image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zone Status Image

I am creating a page in HSTouch that shows the outline of our home. Each door and window has its own dedicated zone, hence I have about 40+ zones. On my outline of the house I want to show the status of each zone (open, close, unknown) by showing an appropriate icon (red=open, orange=unknown, green=closed). In HS I can set images for each status but that means I have to do this about (40+)*3=120+ times (40+ sensors each with 3 states). Is there a way to define standard symbols for each zone so I don't have to do this 120+ times?

Also when I place one of the zones on a screen I only get the property "StatusColor" but not "StatusImages". So even if I did this 120+ times it seems I can't get the graphics representation I set in HS. How can I make the device show up with the graphics I set in HS?

Sorry, I don't have the answer, but I'm interested in this as well. Can you post an example image of what you're trying to accomplish too?

Comment

Ok, I got this partially solved. I set my floorplan as the background image of the screen. Just select the screen (by making sure you have not selected an element but click somewhere where there is no element). Then in the property page define the "ImageBackground" property. Then from the "Devices" window (if you don't see it then go to the menu View and select Devices) grab the device and drag it onto your screen. When there select that device. By default it did just show the name of the device. To change that in the property page click on "StatusTrackingNormal". I keep it the same for normal and pressed so I check the "use the same for Normal/Pressed". Under "normal Association Type" I select "HomeSeer Devices". Under "HomeSeer Devices" I select the device that I did just drag on the screen. Then I switch from "Use Status Text" to "Use Status Image". That's all. This of course is assuming you have defined status images for the device which you do in HomeSeer (not HSTouch).

Now parts of my problem is still the same. There are default images for my dimmers (about 10 images to represent different dimming levels). By default the image shows up as an "On Button" with different levels of yellow. I want to change this to a light bulb. That means on some 30 dimmers each with 10 light levels I would have to make 300 changes. Now I could go and replace the graphics of the on button with my own graphics (of a light bulb) but that is not the most flexible way to do it. I might end up doing that though because I can't think of an easier solution right now.

Comment

See this thread regarding the status images. https://board.homeseer.com/showthrea...19#post1306019

Comment

Working...
        X