Heat sink tabs on HS-WS100+ and HS-WA100+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heat sink tabs on HS-WS100+ and HS-WA100+

Is it safe to assume it is a manufacturing carryover that the HS-WS100+ & HS-WA100+ use the same front mounting plate w/heat sink tabs as the HS-WD100+ and removing them will not affect the load capability of the WS?

I'll be removing the inner six tabs (3 per unit) for a WS and a WA sharing a 2-gang box and wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking anything.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by scorp508 View Post
    Is it safe to assume it is a manufacturing carryover that the HS-WS100+ & HS-WA100+ use the same front mounting plate w/heat sink tabs as the HS-WD100+ and removing them will not affect the load capability of the WS?

I'll be removing the inner six tabs (3 per unit) for a WS and a WA sharing a 2-gang box and wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking anything.

Thanks in advance.
    Since the accessory control generates no heat and the switch is a relay (also generating no heat) you can safely remove any or all tabs. The dimmer will be derated with tabs removed. I have not read the specs on the HS-WD100+ but the Jasco equivalent is rated for 600W incandescent, 500W with one set of tabs removed and 400W with both sets of tabs removed. The HS dimmer manual only shows it to be rated for 600W, but it would safe to assume the ratings would be similar with the reduced heat sink area.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks for confirming. The dimmer unit is the same rating with tabs partially or fully removed. The deratings are printed on the faceplate itself even though the instructions make no mention of them from what I see. Well.. the deratings are listed in the instructions but it does not spell out how or when they take effect.

Comment

Working...
      X