can detect kinect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can detect kinect

I finally got around to starting to play with setting up the kinects for VR and I am getting an error

May-13 9:04:03 PM Kinect WARNING Can't find Kinect: USB\VID_045E&PID_02AE\B00363715165139B

the kinect is connected to the pc and I am able to use the mic for other VR operations such as dragon speech dictation how do I get the plug in to see the kinect

Thanks Ken
    HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

make sure you are using the latest version 3.0.0.9, then remove the line looking like this from your Kinect.ini file:
    Code:
    kinect_sensor_id=USB\VID_045E&PID_02AE\A00362908377105A
    then restart the plugin, if you still have problem please post the full debug log.

Comment

Thanks Spud that fixed it

I have a few more questions on setting up your plugin to run events. I am looking at adding kinects to every room using your plugin but I would like it to trigger a different action in each room. so for instance if I say "turn on the lights and it is heard in the bedroom it activates the bedroom lights but if I am in the office and say it it turns on the office lights. How do I go about setting these up

Thanks Ken
      HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

each instance of the plugin (i.e each kinect) has it owns trigger type so for your example you would define one event for each kinect with different trigger type and actions but the same phrase to be recognized.

on the same topic read this thread:
        http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=166807

Comment

Spud, Started getting problems today with the kinect plug in disconnecting it is the main instance running on the HS machine

I get this in the debug log and then it stops working

May-31 9:29:28 PM Kinect DEBUG Unhandled Status: DeviceNotGenuine
          May-31 9:29:28 PM Kinect DEBUG Speech Recognition Stopped

Any idea what happened and how to fix it

Cheers Ken

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
            Spud, Started getting problems today with the kinect plug in disconnecting it is the main instance running on the HS machine

I get this in the debug log and then it stops working

May-31 9:29:28 PM Kinect DEBUG Unhandled Status: DeviceNotGenuine
            May-31 9:29:28 PM Kinect DEBUG Speech Recognition Stopped

Any idea what happened and how to fix it

Cheers Ken
            after a search for DeviceNotGenuine message, it appears some people have experienced this same problem but the cause of it is not clear, here is some things you can try (collected from various forum posts):

- make sure kinect SDK is correctly installed
            - try a non USB 3.0 port (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...orum=kinectsdk)
            - make sure your system date/time is correct (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...orum=kinectsdk)

let me know how it goes

Comment

Spud,

Still struggling with this but I think I finally narrowed it down and it might be a failing kinect because the events are getting worse. when I have that kinect attached it will work good for awhile but then it will cause all of my usb devices to disconnect I will switch it out today and report back

If you have any other ideas let me know

Cheers Ken

Comment

Well it looks like this was a failing kinect that caused it once the kinect was replaced all is running good again and nothing else disconnects either. I'm glad it was an easy fix

Cheers Ken

Comment

Working...
                X