Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issues with Jasco Z-Wave PLus In-Wall Smart Motion Dimmer (26933)-Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ran into the same problem with some of my devices when adding them(have about 20 now) I did the same things adding, resetting, etc... what seemed to work on my devices that motion wasn't working on initially is bring my znet closer to the device and re-add it. Sometimes I readded a couple of times until it just worked. Keep at it, once it works they are good

Comment

Well I finally got three more of these motion dimmers working properly, but not without challenge. I added one new one and it just worked right away, in fact the motion was registering in HS3 even though the "mode" was still at the default setting (turning lights on with motion). That one I only had to set to "manual" mode and it was done.

Then I added a second brand new one and the motion did NOT work, not before and not after changing the "mode" to manual. I excluded it and included it again, still same results. Then I removed all the associations and re-associated it again with Group 1 - HomeSeer - No Endpoint. Still did not work. Then I tried to associate Group 1 with both of the two available Endpoints, and lo and behold it started registering motion.

Then I went back to the original dimmer I posted about above that I spent hours trying to get to work, and I did the same association trick.. removed all associations and then re-associated it 3 times to Group 1, with no Endpoint, with Endpoint=1 and with Endpoint=2. Then it too started working!

So the trick to get these working seems to be Association based. Excluding and Including them over and over just resulted in the same issues so I don't think it had anything to do with being far away from my Z-Net. Also these are Z-Wave Plus devices so they should be far less problematic with distance. I have over 100 dimmers in my house now and some a fair distance from the Z-Net and none of them have given me any hassles during inclusion. Most of these are HomeSeer WD100+ devices which again are Z-Wave Plus, I have very few non-Plus devices actually.

Funny thing is once these motion dimmers are working and you do a Rescan of the device, the associations change and Group 2 becomes associated with Endpoint=2.. so it may be that Endpoint=2 is not a factor in getting them working, but it certainly helped me to just associate everything possible with Group 1 to get it going.

Below is a screenshot of what the Associations look like after a Rescan of the device.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for sharing I'll try your associations next time when I add more dimmers and run into this problem again instead of what I usually do...keep trying the same thing over and over expecting it to do something different

Comment

Any updates on this? I have a handful of these and about half report motion correctly. Shame really, they would be perfect if they worked... but at 50/50, way too much time adding/removing, changing associations, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Sk000tch View Post
            Any updates on this? I have a handful of these and about half report motion correctly. Shame really, they would be perfect if they worked... but at 50/50, way too much time adding/removing, changing associations, etc
            I did finally figure out the setup process and in the end got all of mine working, in fact I purchased some more and got them working right away by following these steps:

- Under the Jasco Switch Multilevel master node controller, go to Z-wave and Associations.
            - Delete all existing associations with Homeseer.
            - Add an association for Group 1 with Homeseer with NO destination endpoint.
            - Add an association for Group 1 with Homeseer with EndPoint=1.
            - Add an association for Group 2 with Homeseer with EndPoint=2.
            - Rescan the Jasco Switch Multilevel master node controller. Associations may change/update.
            - Set Parameter 3 = 1 (Size 1) Operation Mode = Manual
            - Set Parameter 6 = 1 (Size 1) Motion Sensor = Enable
            - Set Parameter 13 = 2 (Size 1) Motion Sensitivity = Medium
            - Set Parameter 14 = 0 (Size 1) Light Sensing = Disabled
            - Set Parameter 15 = 1 (Size 2) Motion Reset Cycle = 10 seconds

After these steps the device will function as a separate motion detector and dimmer switch. Once set up these dimmers work very reliably and will quickly notify HS of motion so that HS can turn on lights or whatever.. it's pretty instant which is awesome.

To make it easy to program these dimmers and some of my other devices, I created manually run events to do the programming for me. Seems to work great and easy to reset a dimmer or update values this way. I've attached a sample.
            Attached Files

Comment

Just found these devices while shopping on Amazon and bought one to test. I have to say these things are great! I love that the motion sensor is built in and I prefer it over my hardwire motions I have mounted in the ceilings of most rooms as they don't pick up the animals going into the room. Two thumbs up!!!
              HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

I just bought the switch version 26931 (not the dimmer). I like the idea of making the motion work via event. Has anyone tried this on a switch rather than a dimmer. The FW version is 5.38
                Attached Files

Comment

Just an update to confirm how simple this was:

All I had to change was Parameter 3 from 3 (Occupancy) to 1 (Manual).

Everything else fell into place. The motion sensor can now control almost anyting in HS3. COOL!

This is everything a z-wave device should be!

Comment

Can this switch be used with dimmer disconnected from the 120V output? In other words, can I use it as a switch, but connect the Z-wave dimmer buttons as a "scene controller" to HS3 to control my Solid Apollo Z-Wave LED Dimmer Controller? I have some DC-dimmable SORAA LEDS for my living room which should provide superior dimming control. An integrated wall switch, dimmer control and motion sensor would be ideal.

But I need to point the dimmer control in this switch to HS3 and an external Z-wave dimmer.

Comment

Originally posted by lifespeed View Post
                      Can this switch be used with dimmer disconnected from the 120V output? In other words, can I use it as a switch, but connect the Z-wave dimmer buttons as a "scene controller" to HS3
                      Unfortunately this dimmer does not support the central scene protocol, so there is no direct feedback from the switch buttons. I assume the dimmer would still report back that the load was turned on/off or dimmed and HS should see that status and you could control other events based on that, but it does not work like the HS WD100+ dimmers where they actually show up as separate central scene devices showing you what buttons were pressed and for how long, etc. The motion does show up separately in HS so for sure you can use that to trigger other lights/dimmers.

Comment

Originally posted by numgis View Post
                        Unfortunately this dimmer does not support the central scene protocol, so there is no direct feedback from the switch buttons. I assume the dimmer would still report back that the load was turned on/off or dimmed and HS should see that status and you could control other events based on that, but it does not work like the HS WD100+ dimmers where they actually show up as separate central scene devices showing you what buttons were pressed and for how long, etc. The motion does show up separately in HS so for sure you can use that to trigger other lights/dimmers.

Thanks for the clarification. So the HS-WD100+ is really my only choice, integrated motion sensor or a separate dimmer button are not options for dimming-by-scene-controller configuration?

It sounds like I'll need to employ stand-alone motion sensors if I want to get tricky with occupancy sensing, and train the family to operate the HS-WD100+ press-and-hold or multiple tap for dimming.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by numgis View Post
                            Just installed mine and HS3 knows whenever I manually set the fan on or off so instant status works just fine.

I have motion totally disconnect from the switch function so HS3 is in totally control. This is because motion controls turning off both lights and fan. So whenever you manually change lights level or turn on the fan the timer starts then any motion restarts the timer as does changing any light.
                            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
                            Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
                            Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
                            3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
                            4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
                            3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
                            SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Question, is there any way to use the LUX sensor on it's own or is it always tied to the motion detector?
                              Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Comment

Has anyone tried Group 3?

This device supports Association Command Class (3 Groups)
                                Association Group 1 supports Lifeline, Binary Switch Report
                                Association Group 2 supports Basic Set and is controlled with the local load
                                Association Group 3 supports Basic Set and is controlled by pressing the On or Off button Each Association Group supports 5 total nodes
                                I wonder if that sends anything differently. I'll wait a bit before trying to see if it's been tried.

Comment

Working...
                                X