Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change units from Fahrenheit to Celsius?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change units from Fahrenheit to Celsius?

I have installed the 2GIG ZStat CT30 Z-Wave Thermostat and HomeSeer plug-in and change the CT30 to Celsius with no problems. One of the two associated HomeSeer devices automatically change over to Celsius (Z-Wave Sensor Multilevel Temperature) however the second associated device (Z-Wave Thermostat), including the ZWave Thermostat status page remain in Fahrenheit.

Does anyone know how to change the units to Celsius?

I have tried re-scan, ZWave device re-install etc with no joy!

Cheers
    Alex

There's a setting in the Setup that adjusts HomeSeer from c to f. I can't remember but I believe it's on the general tab.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have the HomeSeer 'Temperature Scale:' set correctly, to Celsius.

I have also notices that when I reboot HomeSeer, before ZWave updates data from the CT30 the units are correct in Celsius, however as soon as the data is refreshed the units are changed to Fahrenheit on one HomeSeer device only??

Comment

Did you ever find an answer for this? Just setup my CT30.

Homeseer -> Set to Celsius
        Thermostat -> Set to Celsius
        Z-Wave Thermostat Temperature -> Displays in Celsius
        Z-Wave Thermostat -> Displays in Fahrenheit
        Z-Wave Setpoint controls, etc -> Displays in Fahrenheit

Paul

Comment

Paul, no I have no answer as yet. I was hoping the recent hs revision would fix it! No joy!

The detail you include is exactly what I experience.

Cheers
          Alex

Comment

For you guys experiencing this issue, were your HomeSeer units set to C before setting up the stat?

Comment

Yup, HS was configured as Celsius before I started....

Comment

What version of HomeSeer are you guys running?

Comment

I'm running 2.5.0.20.

Comment

Correction - just upgraded to 2.5.0.23. Same problem still...

Comment

Same Issue Here....

I also have the same symptoms, System is set to Celsius and yet the main thermostat plugin and including HSTouch displays in F. Have tried removing and installing the thermostat, plugin etc to no avail. Anyone make any head way on this issue?

Comment

Same exact issue here. Just thought I'd voice that this is not an isolated issue.

Comment

Z-Wave thermostat issue

Not sure if this is the same issue, but I recently upgraded to the latest .23 release as well, and one of my Wayne-Dalton thermostats is showing up in Fahrenheit, the other Celsius. They should both be showing up F, and Homeseer in the general section is set to Fahrenheit. I removed the problem node from the network, and added it back, but its still shows Celsius. Im at a loss as to how to further troubleshoot the issue.

Comment

I have just added a CT30 to my network under HS 2.5.21. It does display Celsius and appears on the web page with Celsius readings (at least for now). I already have a Wayne-Dalton therm in Celsius, and have the C setting the config file.

However, when I try to program an event, e.g. set a "cool" setpoint, the lowest number in the drop down list is 40 which makes this pretty useless for AC to say the least. I tried overtyping to get something like 22 to show up but you are confined to values in the list.

Anyway to get actual Celsius acceptable values showing so this becomes useful?

UPDATE: if you go to the ZWStat_status page, the current temp and programmed set temps here indeed both only appear in Fahrenheit, and the set temp has to be set in Fahrenheit.
                            Last edited by smcwilliams; August 11, 2011, 02:32 PM.

Comment

smcwilliams, the ZWStat_status page is fixed to show celsius in 2.5.0.29 (there's a link earlier in this thread for HSPRO to that version).

However, it also breaks the setpoint settings in the iphone hstouch gui. If you don't use hstouch on a mobile phone for HS, then I'd go ahead and grab 2.5.0.29, otherwise you may want to stick to having to set it in F until a fix comes out.

(As an aside, I'm hoping that the fix will include allowing to display and set the Celsius temp in 0.5 degree increments, as the thermostat itself also alows.... )

Comment

Working...
                              X