Error Message on Startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Message on Startup

8/31/2014 6:17:34 PM ~!~Error~!~Unable to start plug-in API: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permittedStartup Complete, 1 errors detected, check the log for more information.
    Whenever I start HS3 now, I get that message and startup takes quite a long time. I think it has to do with the Kinect Plugin because it is the only plugin that won't close when I exit HS3. (Looking at the Task Manager Processes Tab, HSPI_KINECT.exe*32)

I'm running the HS3 Pro Trial and the Kinect Plugin Trial version 3.0.0.14.

At the moment, I can't even remove the Plugin from the Plugin management page. I hit the "x" and the screen just refreshes, but it is still there.

I'm also getting **FATAL** errors on the HSTouch Server and Z-Wave Plugins.

The Kinect Plugin and sensor were working quite well yesterday. The only major change I made was hooking up the Insteon Hub to my network and enabling the Insteon Plugin by Mark Sandler.

Let me know if you need anymore information. At this point I think I need to remove the HS3 installation and start again from scratch. Do i just Add/Remove programs and delete all lingering files?

Thanks!

New Development:

I turned on Trace for log level is these are the messages before it stops working:

Aug-31 10:58:44 PM Kinect DEBUG Unhandled Status: DeviceNotGenuine
    Aug-31 10:58:44 PM Kinect TRACE - AudioPosition = 00:00:41.7000000
    Aug-31 10:58:44 PM Kinect TRACE - Grammar = Main{0x3B} Text = Computer Say Hello{0x3B} Confidence = 0.9916825
    Aug-31 10:58:44 PM Kinect TRACE - AudioPosition = 00:00:41.7000000{0x3B} InputStreamEnded = True
    Aug-31 10:58:44 PM Kinect DEBUG Speech Recognition Stopped
    Any ideas for that?

Thanks!

Oh, and I'm currently running all of this off of my Windows Home Server 2011 if that makes any differences.

Comment

Well it seems as thought the problem is USB 3.0.... do not plug a Kinect into any USB 3.0 ports or you'll get all kinds of problems.

I did not do a fresh install of HS3, but I move the Kinect to standard USB 2.0 port and all is well again.

Comment

yeah I read here that USB 3 can be a problem.

regarding your first error:
        Code:
        8/31/2014 6:17:34 PM ~!~Error~!~Unable to start plug-in API: Only one   usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally   permittedStartup Complete, 1 errors detected, check the log for more   information.
        I don't think this is caused by the Kinect plugin as it doesn' t use any network socket.

Let me know if you have any other problem.

Comment

Working...
        X