Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone been able to control a Fire TV or Fire Stick from homeseer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone been able to control a Fire TV or Fire Stick from homeseer?

Hi,

so i replaced my rokus with fire tv sticks, now i am trying to work out if HS3 can control them.

has anyone tried?

Raptor
    HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
    53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
    https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

I was wondering if this is possible and guidance as to how to make it work of so. Trying to line up what a person needs to do to get it working

Thanks

Comment

I integrated my FireTv's with IR by using a small dongle called Flirc that works great
      John

Comment

Originally posted by lj502 View Post
        I integrated my FireTv's with IR by using a small dongle called Flirc that works great
        John
        I just saw those on amazon, their site didn't give the best description, did you have to do anything special? Also since their software is so app driven can you send commands to launch an app or is it simple a joystick control style?

Comment

Originally posted by norcalhkr View Post
          I just saw those on amazon, their site didn't give the best description, did you have to do anything special? Also since their software is so app driven can you send commands to launch an app or is it simple a joystick control style?
          Flirc is just USB to IR that plugs into the back the fire tv (not fire stick) and allows you to use some kind of IR blaster that you have in homeseer to control the fire TV via IR vs. bluetooth.

Fire TV doesn't have a one button command to go straight to a certain app. So you would need to use a list of commands to navigate to the right app.

I'm new to homeseer but I'm suprised you would need a IR input vs maybe a USB to bluetooth dongle on your Homeseer server. I don't see why homeseer couldn't speak Bluetooth directly to the fire tv.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
            Flirc is just USB to IR that plugs into the back the fire tv (not fire stick) and allows you to use some kind of IR blaster that you have in homeseer to control the fire TV via IR vs. bluetooth.

Fire TV doesn't have a one button command to go straight to a certain app. So you would need to use a list of commands to navigate to the right app.

I'm new to homeseer but I'm suprised you would need a IR input vs maybe a USB to bluetooth dongle on your Homeseer server. I don't see why homeseer couldn't speak Bluetooth directly to the fire tv.
            Thanks for the info on the flirc, sounds like it will be a good solution, do you have a preference on IR controls? I am trying to keep the affordable factor in check with all of the fun of automation.

Comment

Working...
            X