No announcement yet.

Alexa room access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will be following this post. I have the same issue also.
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Summerguy View Post
      Where do you see the option to add an Echo to a group?
      In the alexa phone app under smart home, groups. Next open one of the groups you made and at the top choose edit. You should see "Edit Name" and below the option to choose the echo for the desired room.

Comment

I do not see the Option for the Echo

https://ibb.co/guJDAm

Edit : Didn’t see the Alexa update cuz I was in the Canadian store it’s ok now thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          I think it might be a V3 API issue which is being worked on so we will post when the update is available.
          Curious... Are we talking days, weeks, or months for release? Just wanting to know expectations to date of release. I mean, it all comes back to priorities, right?
          HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

[QUOTE=Summerguy;1330727]I do not see the Option for the Echo

If your app has a heading in the menu under "reminders & alarms" that states
            ROUTINES then your app has updated... Your phone app not the web site.

NOT https://alexa.amazon.com but you phone app

Smart Home, Groups... Add a group. Choose the, Next
            Choose the echo or dot for that room.
            Scroll down (Same Screen) and choose devices
            Save.

For this to work the way it should we have to wait for HS to update the program.

Comment

My skill uses the v3 api, and can confirm the grouping works very well

Comment

Originally posted by DevinH View Post
                My skill uses the v3 api, and can confirm the grouping works very well
                You can walk into a room and say "Alexa, turn on the lights" without saying the device or room name? If you go into the kitchen you can say "Alexa, turn on the lights" and the kitchen lights will turn on without saying the word Kitchen or kitchen lights?

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                  I think it might be a V3 API issue which is being worked on so we will post when the update is available.
                  Hi Rich,
                  Has this been updated yet? Is there a certain way to set up the device names in the alexa groups?
                  In my Kitchen I have
                  Group Kitchen
                  Kitchen Dot
                  Cabinet (undercounter lights)
                  Kitchen Light (Over Head Lights)
                  When I say "Alexa turn on lights" the Family Room Light turn on.

Comment

Amazon just recently opened up the V3 Alexa API and it changed a lot so they need to redo the HS3 skill to bring it up to date, nothing we can do on our end will make a difference. I'm sure their on it, it is pretty cool how it works though.
                    My question is will it work the same way for things other than lights, like TV's or really any device we need it to. Right now I say "Alexa turn on/off livingroom tv" or "bedroom/kitchen/whatever tv" and homeseer events take care of the rest, If we can say "Alexa turn lights on/off" in any room, then hopefully we can do the same for TV's and other things. I know this works from the Amazon side, what I'm curious about is to whether or not Homeseer will allow our devices to be seen from Alexa as a compatible device (tvs, blinds, cameras, plugs, switches, ect).

John

Comment

Originally posted by lj502 View Post
                      Amazon just recently opened up the V3 Alexa API and it changed a lot so they need to redo the HS3 skill to bring it up to date, nothing we can do on our end will make a difference. I'm sure their on it, it is pretty cool how it works though.
                      My question is will it work the same way for things other than lights, like TV's or really any device we need it to. Right now I say "Alexa turn on/off livingroom tv" or "bedroom/kitchen/whatever tv" and homeseer events take care of the rest, If we can say "Alexa turn lights on/off" in any room, then hopefully we can do the same for TV's and other things. I know this works from the Amazon side, what I'm curious about is to whether or not Homeseer will allow our devices to be seen from Alexa as a compatible device (tvs, blinds, cameras, plugs, switches, ect).

John
                      +1!!

Comment

Originally posted by scg View Post
                        You can walk into a room and say "Alexa, turn on the lights" without saying the device or room name? If you go into the kitchen you can say "Alexa, turn on the lights" and the kitchen lights will turn on without saying the word Kitchen or kitchen lights?
                        Yes. I verified it in both my office and the dining room. The lights are named 'Office Light' and 'Dining Room Lights'. Both are dimmers. For both rooms, I can say

Alexa, turn on the lights
                        Alexa, turn off the lights
                        Alexa, brighten the lights (increments the dim by +25)
                        Alexa, dim the lights (decrements the dim by -25)
                        Alexa, set the lights to 30%

I've only tested this on lights, because, since the v3 API has been released, I've only had time to implement PowerController and BrightnessController. I haven't gotten to door locks, thermostats, sensors, etc. yet. But I will soon.

Also, controlling devices from the Alexa app works pretty well too. Not quite a replacement for HS Touch, or other apps yet, because for one thing, I only seem to be able to turn dimmers on or off, and not at a dim level. But I'm assuming it'll get better.

Comment

So is it now working for you? What did you do?
                          Hector
                          MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I don't use HomeSeer's Smart Home Skill. I use my own, which is written using v3 of the api. I'm just verifying that a smart home skill written to the v3 api does indeed work... and so should HomeSeer's once they've updated it.

Comment

Originally posted by DevinH View Post
                              I don't use HomeSeer's Smart Home Skill. I use my own, which is written using v3 of the api. I'm just verifying that a smart home skill written to the v3 api does indeed work... and so should HomeSeer's once they've updated it.
                              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
                              Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
                              Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
                              3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
                              4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
                              3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
                              SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

I could certainly look into it, but I probably wouldn't be able to support something like that as well as homeseer does. I'll probably just put it up on github and open source it when I'm done. Then anyone can use it, modify it to their own taste. As long as people run it in the context of their own home, they'd never exceed the free tier.

Comment

Working...
                                X