Lost admin access...Help! - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost admin access...Help! - Solved!

I was trying to set my wife up on HSTouch and must have accidental messed up my admin settings. Is there a way to get them back. Also, at this moment...if I log into my HSTouch app on my phone, it says I am connected, but unauthorized? I am new to HomeSeer...

Try deleting your users.cfg file and restart HS3 and it will reset your user accounts. You will have to manually add your myHomeSeer user back to your HS3 user accounts.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Try deleting your users.cfg file and restart HS3 and it will reset your user accounts. You will have to manually add your myHomeSeer user back to your HS3 user accounts.
      Thanks! I ended up getting in touch with support before I saw this. Here are the actual instructions they sent me and yes!...it worked!
      In order to delete the users.cfg file, you will need to complete the following steps:

1) Navigate to Tools > System > Linux Tools
      2) Login with the username homeseer, the password is the system password which you set when first configuring the device. The default is hsthsths3.
      3) Once you are logged in, enter the following command, without quotes "sudo rm /usr/local/HomeSeer/Config/users.cfg" Linux is case-sensitive, so it will need to be entered exactly as you see here. You should be able to copy and paste.
      3) Enter the command "sudo reboot" and your system will restart. You will then be able to connect again and recreate your users.

Comment

is it valid for HS4
        i loosed admin rights

I wanted to add a new user for MyHS, but I probably pressed the wrong place in my main user, lost admin rights. and now I no longer have access to change it. Do I have to reinstall my complete system? A It was an update from HS3 to HS4

Comment

Originally posted by Reggy View Post
          is it valid for HS4
          i loosed admin rights

I wanted to add a new user for MyHS, but I probably pressed the wrong place in my main user, lost admin rights. and now I no longer have access to change it. Do I have to reinstall my complete system? A It was an update from HS3 to HS4
          Do you have a Widnows or Linux system?

I am running on Windows and did the same thing last year on HS3. I did what Rupp posted above and I was able to setup users again. I would think the same process for HS4. As far as Linux, I know nothing.

Jim

Comment

Thank you for your follow-up!
            I have a PC with Homeseer on win10 and I have installed a keyboard and a monitor on my Hometroller Zee S2 since this morning, I do not seem to have any success. now I will follow the HS3 recovery procedure. I managed to return to HS4 and all my events returned as before. I am annoyed by the default user settings and also how to create a new user with administrator rights!

Comment

I did the exact thing. Setting up wife with new accunt and password and clicked on one of the icons i think local use. Boom instant lock out and freak out. Ended up restoring my nightly backup. Crazy one wrong icon click can do this.

Lesson learned. Be careful with adding users in the HS4 gui.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I am caught in the same trap !
                I was in a good learning curve with HS4, but "changed something", probably the "ask password for same subnet" option.
                I am now locked out without any admin access, and probably having a wrong password.

In fact I am also completely lost and confused about accesses to HS3 and HS4, users and passwords for iftt and gogle home...

Deleting the /config/user.cfg and user.cfg.temp did not help, each time I start the GUI it asks for password.
                I need help, thanks
                Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

Here have kept HS3 running on a separate box with HS4 running on a new box. Are you running HS4 in Windows or Linux? It should really be the same settings.

Try changing the settings ini file to this:

[Settings]
                  gLastShutdownOK=False
                  gFirstTimeRun=True
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thank you Pete for the help, but after _many_ tries I found the password for the admin user.
                    These credentials MUST be preciously saved ...
                    Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

Not sure if you are using Windows or Linux. Try a system reset or remove HS4 and reinstall it.

Here in Linux I create sudo users that match the two homeseer users (homeseer and pete).
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                      X