Does current HS3 see a dimmed light as ON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does current HS3 see a dimmed light as ON

I have an event where a condition to turn on ceiling light is; a table light must be OFF. If the table is ON (100%) the conditions works and the ceiling light will not come on. However if the table lamp is dimmed way down manually by a remote, the condition is not met and the ceiling light will come on. This used to work but stopped (maybe with .318?). Does HS3 still consider "dimmed" to be ON?

Originally posted by Dave W View Post
    I have an event where a condition to turn on ceiling light is; a table light must be OFF. If the table is ON (100%) the conditions works and the ceiling light will not come on. However if the table lamp is dimmed way down manually by a remote, the condition is not met and the ceiling light will come on. This used to work but stopped (maybe with .318?). Does HS3 still consider "dimmed" to be ON?
    It should not have ever considered a dimmed light to be ON. The solution to accommodate dim levels as well as On is to make your condition "not equal to Off".
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

HS2 was a bit like this where the status was independent of the value and as such you could have a dimmed device appear as dimmed/on. As Randy says think of it from the other way with HS3, if you want to test if it is On, Dimmed 1-99% then the suitable condition that it is NOT off.

Comment

Guess I was thinking of HS2 (old geezer).
        Thank you gents!

Comment

Working...
        X