Can't command output with new (non-beta) HAI plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't command output with new (non-beta) HAI plugin

I've got to say I was thrilled when I had four (soon to be 6) temperature sensors working after so long with the older Hai plugin. The new 'non-beta' version works greate and I like the direction you guys are going with the HSTouch (my next major project (soon)).

The issue I have is with the older plugin I could use the voltage outputs (385 and above) via HS2 but now it no longer works. Nothing changed except the plugin. The command works fine via the HAI control panel but I want to continue working with the panel since I trigger it with the Humidity sensor.

I've looked through as much of your forum as I could but couldn't find anything. Is there a trick I'm missing?

Your post probably belongs to HAI/OnQ panel thread, as this is for HAI thermostat plugin. I had similar issue with HAI panel plugin, and I think it was fixed in the beta version. You could either try beta, or program buttons within the panel that control the outputs and then use the plugin to operate the buttons.

Comment

duh...thanks..I'll go to that side...fyi I was using beta but couldn't get temperature out of the sensors, just humidity....I use the 12 volts to drive a skylight interface....does the buttons put out 12Vdc?

Comment

The button is a piece of automation code in HAI. Like

When Button1
        Then Output X ON

When Button 2
        Then Output X OFF

You have to have PC access software to program a button. After you have these defined, you may call the buttons from HAI plugin and the panel will operate the outputs.

Comment

I have hai unit output (385) driven by a perl scrpt that's monitoring a er temperture sensor that also has humidity. When the rate of change in the humidty exceeds a curtain level i activiate the plugin command hai_unit_on(385) via the script. Time duration will drive another output after deactivating the first so closes the skylight. It sounds like thebutton is an open collector that you have to then add a source. My issue would be having to go from a unit command to button because the plugin doesn't like unit?

Comment

I don't remember exactly which version of the plugin has fixed the issue of not operating units above 256, and it appears you are using the version that still has that issue. So, you either would have to get the latest version (beta) or try to circumvent the issue by switching to buttons in your script.

Comment

picta,
              Thanks for the hint the buttons are macro's as you probably already know. Programed four of them (open on, open off,close on,close off) updated the perl script and now it works. A little convoluted but it gets me there.

Comment

Working...
              X