This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing a device from "Insteon X10" to "Insteon"

Is the only way to change the mode of the device from "Insteon X10" to "Insteon" without having to delete and then reinstall .. as this breaks all the events that refer to the device and have to be found (interesting challenge) the then rebuild.

is there a simple way to do this without breaking the events.

Originally posted by djbeam View Post
    Is the only way to change the mode of the device from "Insteon X10" to "Insteon" without having to delete and then reinstall .. as this breaks all the events that refer to the device and have to be found (interesting challenge) the then rebuild.

is there a simple way to do this without breaking the events.
    no easy way.

1. register as insteon
    2. update events with new device
    3. delete x10 device
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

just so I am clear ..

Install a new device as Insteon only

Register as normal for the new Insteon device

Change all the events that refer to the original X10 device .. to refer to the new device.

Delete the old device .

Correct ? Y/N

Comment

Originally posted by djbeam View Post
        just so I am clear ..

Install a new device as Insteon only

Register as normal for the new Insteon device

Change all the events that refer to the original X10 device .. to refer to the new device.

Delete the old device .

Correct ? Y/N
        correct.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X