User manual for yr.no plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

User manual for yr.no plugin?

I can't seem to find a user manual for this plugin. Is one available?

If not, can someone please explain what the different items under the configuration page stand for (Hour by hour, Running 6h day interval, Forecast N, M, D E) and how to use them?

Here's the explanation:

Hour by Hour:
    This enables device creations for hour by hour devices. meaning 0h is the most recent 1 hour period prediction, 1h is the next 1 hour prediction and so on.

this can be used to create devices that will show hour by hour or e.g predicted weather e.g 14 hours from now.

API Grouping
    if not using our by hour, then the met.no api offers grouping of the day. it uses 4 groups: N = Night, M=Morning, D= Day, E=Evening.

usually
    N = 00:00 - 06:00
    M = 06:00 - 12:00
    D = 12:00 - 18:00
    E = 18:00 - 00:00
    BUT, this is not always the case. it depends a bit on what the current time is. Sometimes the interval has shifted or adjusted time period. The period can be fetched/displayed using the period device.

Forecast N,M,D,E
    So with the grouping we have Forecast N,M,D,E that will provide you with data for the grouping intervals. This will allow you to create a device that will hold tomorrow weather during daytime using the 2D device.

It's also good to know that when looking at yr.no webpage, yr uses the Day device to show the predicted weather for tomorrow.

Running 6H Day interval

this uses the same grouping as Forecast N,M,D,E but r1d is the first record in the api, meaning the first available period, the r2d is the second and so on.

This will also enable you to create a table that will automatically update the weather for the next e.g 48 hours in groups of Night, Morning, Day and Evening...

This will enable you to get the predicted weather 4 periods from now.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Thanks a lot for the explanation. I will have to experiment a bit with the different options to see if I have understood everything correctly.

I added 0h Weather to HSTouch yesterday. It worked as expected but during nighttime it still showed a sun (clear). Shouldn't a moon image be shown instead?

Comment

I see that I got the same behavior for 1N and 1E. When looking at the status section of the plugin, a moon icon is shown on both the "Weather Forecast" and "Hour by Hour" pages for night and evening.
        Attached Files

Comment

Good catch!

I will correct this asap.

Comment

Thanks a lot. Looking forward to the update.

Two more questions:

Under the "Hour by Hour" settings I don't see the 1h column. Is this by design?

I would like to show today's weather using the N, M, D, E concept but the settings start with 1N, 1M etc. which is tomorrow's weather. Is it possible to add 0N, 0M etc.?
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Freddan101 View Post
              Thanks a lot. Looking forward to the update.

Two more questions:

Under the "Hour by Hour" settings I don't see the 1h column. Is this by design?

I would like to show today's weather using the N, M, D, E concept but the settings start with 1N, 1M etc. which is tomorrow's weather. Is it possible to add 0N, 0M etc.?
              Toby, have you had the chance to look at my questions?

Comment

Hi,

I have corrected the "night" images, will be out in the next release.

for the 1h devices - this is by design, the reason is that the first entry in the response from the API is the "current value" and this is covering the current hour or the next hour depending on when you request the data.

Regarding the NMDE devices this is a bug that for some reason have appeared. The problem here is that the API will not have any data for 1N if you are at e.g 20:00 as this is in the past. here the plugin was set up in a way to get around this, but it seems to be broken.

BUT as I'm currently redesigning how the data is stored in an attempt to optimize the plugin it will take some time to fix - but with the new storage way I will more easily correct the problem with NMDE devices.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddan101 View Post
                  Toby, have you had the chance to look at my questions?

try this one and see if it solves your issues.

(backup the current HSPI_YR_WEATHER.exe file and copy in this one http://srv.rusnes.no/HS/YR/temp/)

Comment

Thanks for the update. I've placed the exe file directly under the HomeSeer HS3 folder which I hope is correct.

From what I can see in the GUI the "moon icon" is now showing. Nice! I will check it a home tonight on my tablet as well.

But the N,M,D,E functionality seems to be unchanged. I tested a moment ago and N,M,D shows the weather for tomorrow while E shows the weather for today.
                    Attached Files

Comment

try the new file on the same link.

it seems like the issue is that I'm usually testing this in the late evening and then this is no problem. but with the latest update it should be correct.
                      it will no longer update the 1M device if that's in the past.

this will also mean that you will have full set of device info tomorrow morning....

Comment

Looking good so far.

I'll check tonight again.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Still looking good. Thank you for the fixes!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X