the Current Cost plug-in is available here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rick

Thanks for the latest update but, I lost hourly logging with 1.0.0.31, and have now up dated to 1.0.0.35 I haven't gained it back and have now lost any readable today V yesterday graphing.

Could I request Deg C in place of F on the Temperature sensor, and I did ask before but I think you got a bit confused, why do I get a house code for each sensor logging a temperature reading ?, there is only one sensor and that is built into the Envi itself seems a bit of a waste of 9 house codes.

I have attached a couple of screen dumps.

Steve
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mark42 View Post
      Last Hour Chart

JPG A shows the overnight steady state of the house. At 05:50 the stove was turned on and then turned off at 06:00. The expectation being to see a 10 minute wide square wave appear on the right hand side and then move to the left on the chart over time in sync with the x axis time stamps. What we initially see is the square wave begin, but several minutes off. The stove was on for the entire 10 minutes, but the initial graphs are showing several minutes of 'low' consumption ('old' data?).
      Currently (I say that because we may change it) the data is logged according to the time we get from the Envi, which means that instead of using your HomeSeer time, it is using the time from the Envi which may be off - look at the time device for the sensor that I added to see if the Envi time is significantly off from the system time.

Also, what is logged in the history is the average power consumption for the minute, not the realtime data that we get from the interface every so many seconds, because that would be too much data going to the log. So during the transition from the minute before you turned on the stove to when it was on, it would ramp up, not be a square wave.

See if that information helps explain that one.

Speculating in lieu of facts that the chart was waiting on a significant value change to update, the stove was turned on again at 06:13 and off at 06:18. We see the new square wave but it is not at the right side of the chart, it appears at 28 minute mark and continues to build there while the previous test data remains at the right side of the chart.
      While the data is logged using the sensor (Envi) time, the reports are generated using the current time, which could explain this difference. The start of the last hour chart should be the current minute of the previous hour. So, if the current minute is 28, then the chart should go left to right from 28 of the previous hour to 27 of the current hour. That is because if the current minute is 28, then we have not yet recorded data for it.

Today vs Yesterday

The graph x axis values are still not going to 24:00.
      And it never will because the chart shows the data at each hour, with the last one being 23 (11PM) because 24 = 0 and 0 is where the chart starts.

It also appears as if the chart data is now being rounded before being drawn as we only see integer values.
      The chart has not changed, only the scale drawn on the left has changed. It makes no sense with the resolution of that graph to have precision out to the thousands unit because you cannot see that level of detail in the lines. The graph is meant to give you a comparison to the previous day, and if you look at the scale while looking at the chart, you can much more easily make out values using an even scale than with fractions. In other words, if the scale showed 3.456kWH and then the next level was 4.456kWH, a graph line between the two is much more difficult to arrive at a value for than if it was 3 and 4.
      [/QUOTE]
      Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Originally posted by fbitz777 View Post
        yes my charts of today versus yesterday are rounded off to an integer (in my case 1 since I am pretty close to 1kw)
        The data is not rounded, just the location of the scale tick marks. See my other post.

also missing 11pm to midnite
        No, the graph ends with the 11PM entry, and then starts with the midnight entry. There is one value per hour logged at the tick mark for the hour.
        If I had written the time values using the odd hours, then you would have 11PM, but would be missing midnight, so then you would say that midnight is missing. They are not missing, but if you note that ever other hour is logged, then you will see that all 24 data points are there.

As well as the month to month graph shows data for TODAY before the day is even over....confusing as it stetches and shrinks the y axis range during the day
        You'll have to explain that one to me better because the graph shows the days of the month from 1 to the last day of the month, and thus the graph values might change as the day progresses, but that should not change the day at which the month ends.
        Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by stevepyle View Post
          Rick

Thanks for the latest update but, I lost hourly logging with 1.0.0.31, and have now up dated to 1.0.0.35 I haven't gained it back and have now lost any readable today V yesterday graphing.

Could I request Deg C in place of F on the Temperature sensor, and I did ask before but I think you got a bit confused, why do I get a house code for each sensor logging a temperature reading ?, there is only one sensor and that is built into the Envi itself seems a bit of a waste of 9 house codes.

I have attached a couple of screen dumps.

Steve
          If your log is showing these messages:
          Code:
          7/27/2010 12:29:53 PM 	Current Cost 	Updating Totals for Projected Values & Costs
          7/27/2010 12:28:20 PM 	Current Cost 	Updating Projected Values & Costs for Sensor 1
          7/27/2010 12:26:46 PM 	Current Cost 	Updating Projected Values & Costs for Sensor 0
          Then you should be getting data logging. Check for error messages at startup and make sure your update to .35 worked properly.

I have not looked at the Current Cost manual to see if the temperature is settable in the unit. If it is, then I am doing a conversion that need not be done and I just need to add a configuration setting to determine whether C or F is displayed after the temp. Perhaps I should remove the scale entirely...
          Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Tinker View Post
            I have not looked at the Current Cost manual to see if the temperature is settable in the unit. If it is, then I am doing a conversion that need not be done and I just need to add a configuration setting to determine whether C or F is displayed after the temp. Perhaps I should remove the scale entirely...
            Not sure if this helps you, but the celcius temp is sent in the tmpr XML node (which is absent from non EU versions I believe) and the farenheit temperature is in the tmprF XML node (which is not in any EU versions).

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Tinker View Post

You'll have to explain that one to me better because the graph shows the days of the month from 1 to the last day of the month, and thus the graph values might change as the day progresses, but that should not change the day at which the month ends.
              I meant to today's value should NOT be plotted on the month by month chart (as was the case in 1.0.0.4) ...it is a moving target as the day progresses and of NO significance since we are to compare daily total values ...

Comment

Rick,

<<Currently (I say that because we may change it) the data is logged according to the time we get from the Envi, which means that instead of using your HomeSeer time, it is using the time from the Envi which may be off - look at the time device for the sensor that I added to see if the Envi time is significantly off from the system time.>>

I have attached a JPG showing the ENVI time; it is (and was) within 1 minute of the HT2 time. Also within 1 minute as viewed at the ENVI display device.

<<The chart has not changed, only the scale drawn on the left has changed. It makes no sense with the resolution of that graph to have precision out to the thousands unit because you cannot see that level of detail in the lines. The graph is meant to give you a comparison to the previous day, and if you look at the scale while looking at the chart, you can much more easily make out values using an even scale than with fractions. In other words, if the scale showed 3.456kWH and then the next level was 4.456kWH, a graph line between the two is much more difficult to arrive at a value for than if it was 3 and 4.>>

I was not clear, I'm fine with integer values on the scale, but the ENVI data values being charted appear to be rounded.

<<And it never will because the chart shows the data at each hour, with the last one being 23 (11PM) because 24 = 0 and 0 is where the chart starts.>>

I have also attached a chart from 1.0.0.31; the data values of the Today vs Yesterday chart are not rounded and there appear to be more than one data point per hour.

If there is to be only a single hourly value on this chart, then as you say, the last value would be 2300.

Best Regards,

Mark
                Attached Files

Comment

you are using 80-100kw during the day?

that is HUGE!

most people are 500w to maybe 5kw!

Comment

KWH labels should it not be KW?

Fore both last hour and today vs yesterday numbers on the charts are KW NOT KWH hence chart label is misleading...IMHO

Unless as was claimed in prior posts the today vs yesterday is A Single number at each hour's tick in which case I can see how that could be KWH!

Also since my consumption is between .9kw and 1.3kw most of the day I see a flat line for the Dav vs yesterday pegged a 1KW! IN 1.0.0.4 I used to see a nice moving line on the graphs!

Comment

Hi Rick

No errors when updating to 1.0.0.35 (that I can see), and my log shows the sensor update string as you quoted for each sensor.....

26/07/2010 22:12:10 ~!~Current Cost~!~Register callback completed
                      26/07/2010 22:12:10 ~!~Plug-In~!~Initializing Plug-in: Current Cost on COM port 10
                      26/07/2010 22:12:10 ~!~Current Cost~!~Initializing Current Cost on COM port 10
                      26/07/2010 22:12:10 ~!~Current Cost~!~Opening COM port at 57600 for newer Envi units
                      26/07/2010 22:12:10 ~!~Current Cost~!~Updating ALL projected values
                      26/07/2010 22:12:10 ~!~Current Cost~!~Current Cost Startup Complete.
                      26/07/2010 22:12:10 ~!~Plug-In~!~Finished initializing plug-in Current Cost
                      26/07/2010 22:12:11 ~!~BLReminders start~!~Register Callback completed
                      26/07/2010 22:12:11 ~!~BLReminders Info~!~BLReminders version is: 2.0.0.0

26/07/2010 22:27:41 ~!~Current Cost~!~Updating Projected Values & Costs for Sensor 4
                      26/07/2010 22:29:17 ~!~Current Cost~!~Updating Projected Values & Costs for Sensor 5

Regards

Steve

Comment

I meant to today's value should NOT be plotted on the month by month chart (as was the case in 1.0.0.4) ...it is a moving target as the day progresses and of NO significance since we are to compare daily total values ...
                        I agree it is a little misleading since the day is not complete, so I made the change so that it would not include today.
                        Regards,

Comment

Rick,

<<Currently (I say that because we may change it) the data is logged according to the time we get from the Envi, which means that instead of using your HomeSeer time, it is using the time from the Envi which may be off - look at the time device for the sensor that I added to see if the Envi time is significantly off from the system time.>>

I have attached a JPG showing the ENVI time; it is (and was) within 1 minute of the HT2 time. Also within 1 minute as viewed at the ENVI display device.

<<The chart has not changed, only the scale drawn on the left has changed. It makes no sense with the resolution of that graph to have precision out to the thousands unit because you cannot see that level of detail in the lines. The graph is meant to give you a comparison to the previous day, and if you look at the scale while looking at the chart, you can much more easily make out values using an even scale than with fractions. In other words, if the scale showed 3.456kWH and then the next level was 4.456kWH, a graph line between the two is much more difficult to arrive at a value for than if it was 3 and 4.>>

I was not clear, I'm fine with integer values on the scale, but the ENVI data values being charted appear to be rounded.

<<And it never will because the chart shows the data at each hour, with the last one being 23 (11PM) because 24 = 0 and 0 is where the chart starts.>>

I have also attached a chart from 1.0.0.31; the data values of the Today vs Yesterday chart are not rounded and there appear to be more than one data point per hour.

If there is to be only a single hourly value on this chart, then as you say, the last value would be 2300.

Best Regards,

Mark
                          Mark, sorry - I thought you were talking about the most recent version - you are behind! Get 1.0.0.35 from the updater.
                          Regards,

Comment

Wh = 3 kWh

and not WH.. KWh or KWH..... and just noted a kWH on the status screen...
                            Last edited by stevepyle; July 27, 2010, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Rick,

My test data from this morning is on 1.0.0.35.

I included a JPG from 1.0.0.31 only to illustrate the difference in appearance in the Today vs Yesterday chart, especially with regard to the apparent rounding of data values being plotted and the number of values being plotted per hour.

Mark

Comment

you are using 80-100kw during the day?

that is HUGE!

most people are 500w to maybe 5kw!
                                5kW and 5kWH are quite a bit different. However, I am running at 64kWH so far today, which is about right given that I run anywhere from 2500-3300kWH/month (Ah, the power company loves summer air conditioning use).

You can have an instantaneous usage of 5kW, but that has to be present for an entire hour for it to be 5kWH.
                                Regards,

Comment

Working...
                                X