Envi and Windows 7 PRO 64 bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Envi and Windows 7 PRO 64 bit

Please don't tell me it is Prolific drivers or nothing to get this unit to talk to HS Pro.

I have yet to see ANY Prolific drivers that are 64 bit compatible.

This http://home-energy.meniscus.co.uk/fo...ivers--UK.aspx says the drivers work with 64 bit windows. If you are still struggling and you have a spare serial port then an option may be to get a serial lead instead, eliminating the need for drivers.

Comment

Yes I have tried those drivers, and numerous others.

I get this curious message which I have never seen before in any driver installation:

Windows found driver software for your device, but encountered an error while attempting to install it.

Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port

The name is already in use as either a service name or a service display name.

So if the problem is my system configuration, I have no idea what this message signifies.

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Did you use the drivers on the HomeSeer Envi page?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          Did you use the drivers on the HomeSeer Envi page?
          Yes, I tried those, even though they were marked as for the HomeTroller.

Those did not work either.

The Windows system message indicated duplication of some sort, so I went into the Registry and deleted all the instances of Prolific drivers, and reinstalled using the drivers in the above link from MrHappy, which worked fine.

Now, can anyone tell me how to reset my open ports. Although I am only using about 6 ports with all my attached devices, because I suppose of all the attempts to install the Prolific drivers, Windows is assigning me ports now starting at 19. There must be a way to clear unused ports.

Thanks for the help, gentlemen.

Comment

Originally posted by mwolfod View Post
            Yes, I tried those, even though they were marked as for the HomeTroller.

Those did not work either.

The Windows system message indicated duplication of some sort, so I went into the Registry and deleted all the instances of Prolific drivers, and reinstalled using the drivers in the above link from MrHappy, which worked fine.

Now, can anyone tell me how to reset my open ports. Although I am only using about 6 ports with all my attached devices, because I suppose of all the attempts to install the Prolific drivers, Windows is assigning me ports now starting at 19. There must be a way to clear unused ports.

Thanks for the help, gentlemen.
            I take it the other ports don't appear in device manager, its just when you plug the device in you are getting high port numbers allocated? Try going into device manager, finding the port adaptor, going into the properties and seeing if anywhere you have something to set the port settings. With my USB adaptors there is an advanced menu which will then let you change the com port allocated by the driver.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
              I take it the other ports don't appear in device manager, its just when you plug the device in you are getting high port numbers allocated? Try going into device manager, finding the port adaptor, going into the properties and seeing if anywhere you have something to set the port settings. With my USB adaptors there is an advanced menu which will then let you change the com port allocated by the driver.
              Right, they do not show in Device Manager as specifically allocated to a device, but do show as "In Use" when you go to the manual port settings under the Advanced tab. So, I have never attempted to use those, even though I knew they were not being employed by the OS.

This time, as an experiment I reassigned the Current Cost adapter to an "In Use" port, ignored the plethora of warnings I received, and it seems to be working just fine.

I'm learning WAY too much about Windows in this little project.

Comment

Working...
              X