Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mark42 View Post
    "I wonder if your database is corrupted as this should be working"

Probably not. On the HT2, there is a 1 in 3 chance that when you call up the chart, it will come up blank and show 0's. If you call it up a 2nd time it will usually be Ok, but not always.

I suspect an exception of some sort occurs during the callup and you get 0's.

Mark
    Good point and this could be why the charts are loading faster on his database. On my pc it takes several seconds to load the charts with a database this size.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Well I do get the charts, just not monthly totals. And you are right, sometimes I get the chart, and other times I do not. But I surely do not get the totals even when I get the chart to show.

I really wish this thing would be fixed. It has been far to long of a wait.

Comment

A little before and after.

As you can see the little HT2 was really struggling with History.DB at 91MB. After a quick shutdown, rename, and HS restart, the system response is amazing. It was deteriorating so slowly over time that I didn't realize it.

Another ENVI specific metric, the calculated tags like ^12, Actual Usage This Month (KWH), are now updating every ~90 seconds. Prior to restarting the with a null database, it was taking ~118 seconds between updates.

Mark
        Attached Files

Comment

I am guessing the bottom chart is after the restart. I surely can see the major hit in the CPU, but it is funny for if you look at the CPU use, it is lower on chart 1 at 2% vs 24%. So if you look at that, things could see worse.

(I know that is CURRENT CPU use. But found it funny.)

Comment

What I'd like to know is why does it peg the cpu to 100% at regular intervals. Surely inserts can't be totally responsible here ???

I see the same pattern in my system.

Robert
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I'll hazard an uninformed guess that the running totals are not incrementally calculated, but instead recomputed by a database query every time. That would be the easiest to program but with significant consequences as the database grows.

What size is your History.db?

Comment

... about 90MB
                HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Mine was 71 meg. Also had to remeove it.

Comment

Hadn't thought to look at the size of this until now.

With 10 sensors to capture, the db is now 128MB.

CPU is up from what it was previously, but its not critical yet. Presumably we just stop HS, delete the DB then restart HS?

Comment

Instead of deleting it, you can rename History.db and restart HomeSeer. If you want to look at the data, you can use SQLite ODBC to query the renamed History.db file and pull data into Excel/Access etc.

If you have no further use for the data, then just delete the file.

Comment

Working...
                      X