Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vera 3 as Primary and HS as secondary - will it work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vera 3 as Primary and HS as secondary - will it work?

Hi,

After using nexa devices for some time, but found it unreliable,
    i just bought 14 zwave battery wall controllers.
    Its the duwi wall controller (9) and the duwi wall controller with zwave.me firmware (5). I tought of cource that these "simple" devices was fully supported by HS as HS seems z-wave focused. Which i think is a good thing.

I can get the original duwi controller to work and control the assosiated lights, but i can not make assosiations in HS (Im new with zwave, so the terminology might be off)

The duwi wall controller with zwave.me firmware has a lot of new features, with instant update status of the controlled devices and so on.

You can read more about the device here
    http://www.smarthus.info/support/man.../ZME_05443.pdf

The problem is that this device can not be used with HS.
    Note, i have not tried this my self, but it is reported on this board and domoticaforum.eu.

As i see it, there is two choices

1) Ask for suppport in HS
    2) Use Vera controller as a primary
    (full support for the zwave.me firmware)

Regarding the second alternative

1) Is it possible?
    2) I use HS touch - can i control the lights fully using HS Touch. Scenes/events, instant status updates, polling etc.
    3) What might be the downsides of doing this?
    4) Other comments?

Thanks

And will HS receive instant updates from Vera.

Any help would really be apreciated.

Thanks

Comment

I think, it is possible.

I have my Innovus House Control as primary and HS as secondary.

It's not perfect, but it works OK.

They don't know about each other, hence no status updates.

They both control devices without any problems.

Downsides is hassle when adding devices and a couple of errors in Innovus House Control because of devices it doesn't understand.

Regards
      Morten

Comment

Wouldn't that be like having the Sergeant report to the General?

Comment

Thanks for the responses

This is probably not what im after then. Hmm.. Good to know. This hobby have already cost me a lot of money buying the wrong stuff

Comment

Whilst not directly related to your question, I have had similar incompatibility issues with HS and Fibaro Z-Wave modules relating mainly to instant status reporting which have been discussed elswhere on this forum.

The issues with the Fibaro modules were eventually idetified to be that HS does not currently support some of the Z-Wave classes used in these devices. The general feeling I got from HS's responses to this was that they will try to add full support for Fibaro devices in HS3.

Perhaps the .me devices suffer from the same issues.

Paul..

Comment

Sooty, Probably. My fear is that HS3 is not coming in the near future. And my devices are in the box unused right now

Do you know if there is a "best practice" for adding battery operated wall controllers?
              I must admit that im not totally understanding the groups, assoiciation, replicate send and receive, light optimize, fully optimize, and just optimize stuff

Comment

Here is the process for getting setting up Vera as Primary and Homeseer as secondary: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1021471

Comment

Working...
                X