X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin Feature Requests and Fixes

Mark,

As you know I recently started using your plugin again. Have to say nice job!

I did notice a couple of items to comment on, hope you don't mind:

1. When editing the name / location of a previously added device, if you edit both name and location and hit save changes only the name is saved. You have to go back and change the location and hit save again to get that to save.

2. I migrated from the ISY and there were a lot of old links. I thought when I programmed a device for use with Homeseer this would clean out old links and reset the device. Is there a reason that this wouldn't be the case when adding a device? Or, maybe this could be an option (i.e. it's a pain to go clean all of these up manually).

Thanks again for the great plugin!

+1

Also an option to reset X10 addresses as well.
    It would be nice to be able to do a soft reset.
    -Skybolt

Comment

Originally posted by heatvent View Post
      Mark,

As you know I recently started using your plugin again. Have to say nice job!

I did notice a couple of items to comment on, hope you don't mind:

1. When editing the name / location of a previously added device, if you edit both name and location and hit save changes only the name is saved. You have to go back and change the location and hit save again to get that to save.

2. I migrated from the ISY and there were a lot of old links. I thought when I programmed a device for use with Homeseer this would clean out old links and reset the device. Is there a reason that this wouldn't be the case when adding a device? Or, maybe this could be an option (i.e. it's a pain to go clean all of these up manually).

Thanks again for the great plugin!
      #1, Ok, i'll look into this. Others have mentioned this but now i understand the scenario that causes the issue

#2. so i don't think i can do anything like this anymore. with the new i2cs devices, before i can do anything i have to write some links to the device. thus deleting links during the reg process isn't really possible.

my suggestion is a factory reset before adding which I can't do via the plugin either. a soft reset isn't built into the fw. this is a sh design decision.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by skybolt View Post
        +1

Also an option to reset X10 addresses as well.
        It would be nice to be able to do a soft reset.
        what do you mean by 'reset x10 addresses"? the x10 addr is cleared when you factory reset the device

At this point I'm not going to add any x10 support to insteon devices; just not worth it for the masses.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
          #1, Ok, i'll look into this. Others have mentioned this but now i understand the scenario that causes the issue

#2. so i don't think i can do anything like this anymore. with the new i2cs devices, before i can do anything i have to write some links to the device. thus deleting links during the reg process isn't really possible.

my suggestion is a factory reset before adding which I can't do via the plugin either. a soft reset isn't built into the fw. this is a sh design decision.
          Thanks Mark

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
            what do you mean by 'reset x10 addresses"? the x10 addr is cleared when you factory reset the device

At this point I'm not going to add any x10 support to insteon devices; just not worth it for the masses.
            Sorry, I should have been more clear.

My existing switches (~10) still have their x10 adresses in them. Pulling the pin and holding for reset didn't do it, they reverted back to the original x10.

Anyway, I wish other (a few, which I will not name) plugin author's would put the thought you put into this plugin, into theirs.

Have a great Holiday! And thanks again!
            -Skybolt

Comment

Originally posted by skybolt View Post
              Sorry, I should have been more clear.

My existing switches (~10) still have their x10 adresses in them. Pulling the pin and holding for reset didn't do it, they reverted back to the original x10.

Anyway, I wish other (a few, which I will not name) plugin author's would put the thought you put into this plugin, into theirs.

Have a great Holiday! And thanks again!
              the factory reset should clear the x10 address. not sure why that didn't work

Happy Holidays and thanks for your support
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
              X