error with 4 button scene controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

error with 4 button scene controller

Here is an error that has started when I try to access a 4 button wall mounted controller (data sheet for controller attached.)

The plugin will not recognize the state of the buttons on the controller nor will it control them despite the log showing the commands being sent. For example see see 11:33:39 device 45 is one of the 4 button scene controllers. Despite the log showing the command succeeding neither the physical scene controller button is updated nor is the status light bulb on the device page.

See also 11:27:55 device 28 is another 4 button scene controller and thew same thing happens as noted above.

When loaded these devices show up as UPB devices not controller buttons.

Any ideas?
    Attached Files

ok, I need more information, please answer those questions

1) when you try to control one of this button from HS, you said neither the led on the physical button nor the light bulb in HS is updated, but does it actually turn on the scene?

2) when you physically press a button on the scene controller, is the corresponding device correctly updated in HS? Could you capture some debug log of this scenario.

3) were you using HS2 and the UPB plugin for HS2, and was it working?

4) could you send me your .upb file (the file you open in UPStart), I would like to see how these devices are configured

thanks

Comment

reply to spud quetions

) when you try to control one of this button from HS, you said neither the led on the physical button nor the light bulb in HS is updated, but does it actually turn on the scene? NO

2) when you physically press a button on the scene controller, is the corresponding device correctly updated in HS? Could you capture some debug log of this scenario. NO

3) were you using HS2 and the UPB plugin for HS2, and was it working? Yes

4) could you send me your .upb file (the file you open in UPStart), I would like to see how these devices are configured
      Attached
      thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

I have just compared the command sent by my plugin and the HS2 plugin when clicking on the on/off buttons from the device page, they are almost the same except for the fade rate bytes which shouldn't have any importance here because these scene controllers devices are non-dimming devices.

Anyway in the version 3.0.0.15 attached I make it exactly the same, please test it and let me know.
        Attached Files

Comment

Test

Spud-

That fixed the issue. Under both Hs2 and now HS3 all you are controlling or reporting the status of is the light next to the button. So if the indicator light in off when you press the button (which functions as a toggle) it goes on and your plugin now reports the status of the light correctly.

If you tell the button to turn on in HS3 the indicator light will now go on, just as it did in HS2.

Also I leaned in HS2 (after much trial and error) that is a button is not defined in upstart with a function then neither your plugin or HS2 will report he status or allow you to control the button.

It would be great if you could use the plugin to control the actual button and not just the light but that did not work in HS2 either.

Comment

Originally posted by Overst View Post
            Also I leaned in HS2 (after much trial and error) that is a button is not defined in upstart with a function then neither your plugin or HS2 will report he status or allow you to control the button.

It would be great if you could use the plugin to control the actual button and not just the light but that did not work in HS2 either.
            not sure I understand this last part. What do you mean by "a button is not defined in upstart with a function" ? I assume that here function = link, right?
            so if a button is defined in upstart with a link, and you click the On button from HS3, does it actually triggers that link or does it only turn on the indicator light?

Comment

reply to spud quetions

not sure I understand this last part. What do you mean by "a button is not defined in upstart with a function" ? I assume that here function = link, right?

yes function = link,

so if a button is defined in upstart with a link, and you click the On button from HS3, does it actually triggers that link or does it only turn on the indicator light? Light only

Comment

the problem is that this device is not treated as a keypad by the plugin because it is not defined as such in the .upe file

I will see what I can do to workaround this

but note that from HS3 you can directly Activate or Deactivate the links that are associated with the buttons, which is exactly what the On/Off controls would do if this device was treated as a keypad.

Comment

update to version 152 broke plugin

Spud- I recently upgraded to build .152 of HS3 Pro (due to an issue it required me to completely rebuild the system on my pro 100, it was running build .96). The plugin build you gave me to try .15 worked under build .96 but now only works in part.

I can still set a button light on the switch from the homeseer, but the button light status is no longer reported to the homeseer nor can it be used to trigger a device. The screen icon next to the individual switch stays in the off.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                  X