This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hyperion Plug-in - Beta Testing

This plugin is designed to control digital RGB LED strips from HomeSeer using Hyperion

Please report any bug.

Please read the User Guide before installing.

Installation:
    • download the zip attached to this post and save it in the HS3 application folder in /updates3/zips
    • download the file named updater_override.txt attached to this post and save it in the HS3 application folder.
    • go to the "PLUG-INS > Manage" page and click the "Update Listing" button, then click "Additional interfaces > Test Plugin" and check the Hyperion line.
    • click the "Download and Install" button
    • enable the plugin from the "PLUG-INS > Manage" page
    • delete updater_override.txt from your HS3 application folder

Changes to v3.0.0.8
    - Added color device with a color picker control. That allows Google Home and Alexa to set the color of the strip.

Changes to v3.0.0.7
    - Fixed problem when reading long messages from socket.

Changes to v3.0.0.6:
    - Fixed Copy/Paste of actions

Changes to v3.0.0.5:
    - Added patterns configuration and Set Pattern action

Changes to v3.0.0.4:
    - Duration parameter set to 0 (= no timeout) from a script or event in SetColor and SetEffect, now overrides correctly the default duration parameter from the config page.

Changes to v3.0.0.3:
    - Added priority parameter to SetColor, SetEffect and Clear actions and scripting functions
    - Do not use persistent connection anymore to avoid any reconnection problem.

Changes to v3.0.0.2:
    - Added duration parameter to SetColor and SetEffect actions
    - Added SetColor, SetEffect, Clear and ClearAll as scripting functions
    - Added automatic reconnection when connection is lost

Changes to v3.0.0.1:
    - Added possibility to create custom effects.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by spud; December 13, 2017, 10:41 AM.

Spud,

I am assuming that the hyperion plug in defaults to the correct port for the PI. Hopefully mine will be here in a few days and I can test it out for you. are their any docs available on setup and function.

Thanks Ken
    HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
      Spud,

I am assuming that the hyperion plug in defaults to the correct port for the PI. Hopefully mine will be here in a few days and I can test it out for you. are their any docs available on setup and function.

Thanks Ken
      The configuration of the plugin is very easy, you just go to the config page and enter the IP of your hyperion server exactly like in the Hyperion Android app.

I will post a user guide to explain everything tomorrow.

Comment

No effects?

Hi,
        I don't seem to have any effects to chose from on the config pages.

Am I doing something wrong? I just installed 3.0.0.1 a few days ago, so it ought to be up to date, I think.

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by DMcKnight View Post
          Hi,
          I don't seem to have any effects to chose from on the config pages.

Am I doing something wrong? I just installed 3.0.0.1 a few days ago, so it ought to be up to date, I think.

Doug
          If you don't see any effect in the master effects section of the effects tab, it means the plugin cannot connect to your hyperion server.

have you set the IP of your Pi in the config page?
          is your hyperion daemon running on the Pi?

set the log level to debug, then restart the plugin, it should download all the effects available in your hyperion configuration. If it doesn't work post your logs please.

Comment

Indeed, that was it. The pi wasn't even powered on. The effects are showing up fine.

FWIW, I'm using an old router running DDWRT in bridge mode, so I can put the pi & LED string anywhere while I goof around with holiday light effects.

All I need to do now is figure out if my, er, friend killed my LED string...

doug

Comment

I
              All I need to do now is figure out if my, er, friend killed my LED string...
              did your friend try to connect it from the other end?

has he ever seen any light on, from this strip?

I use some 8806 LED strings as well and more often than not when I connect it to the Pi, and power it up, some of the LED light up without having to run a single hyperion command.

Comment

My impression was that the data were carried along the 8806 string by a shift register arrangement, meaning there is an input end and an output end.

With that in mind, it seemed to me that one way to investigate this string might be to use sharp probes to get signals onto the string at various points along the line. The power rails are not being pulled down by a dead short, so if there is damage it is likely to be an open circuit, not a short.That might be a quicker, and less destructive way, than chopping it up. I'll likely wait until I receive another piece of LED string so that I can confirm the hyperion stuff is working ok, which I suspect it is.

I'm sure my friend will be grateful when I figure this all out.
                rgds,
                doug

Comment

Oh, I forgot to mention, that string has never given so much as a glimmer of light. Not encouraging...

Comment

Hi,
                    Getting the error

Nov-01 11:02:39 PM Hyperion ERROR SetDeviceValue: The operation is not allowed on non-connected sockets.

What's the likely cause?
                    regards
                    Doug

Comment

Hi,
                      Getting the error

Nov-01 11:02:39 PM Hyperion ERROR SetDeviceValue: The operation is not allowed on non-connected sockets.

What's the likely cause?
                      regards
                      Doug
                      It means the plugin has lost connection with the hyperion server. In the current version the plugin does not try to reconnect automatically, I'm going to add that feature soon.

Your only solution right now is to restart the plugin.

Comment

version 3.0.0.2

version 3.0.0.2 is available to download from first post of this thread.

In this version the plugin automatically try to reconnect to the hyperion server when the it detects a disconnection.

I have added a duration parameter to the "Set Color" and "Set Effect" action

And SetColor, SetEffect, Clear, and ClearAll are now available as scripting functions. Here are the function signatures:

Code:
                        void SetColor(int red, int green, int blue, int duration=-1)
                        void SetEffect(string effect, int duration = -1)
                        void Clear()
                        void ClearAll()
                        and an example of C# script:

Code:
                        public object Main(object[] Parms)
                        {
                            hs.PluginFunction("Hyperion", "", "ClearAll", null);
                            hs.PluginFunction("Hyperion", "", "SetColor", new object[] {245, 255, 0, 10000});    
                            System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(2000);
                            hs.PluginFunction("Hyperion", "", "SetEffect", new object[] {"Knight rider", 10000});

return 0;
                        }

Comment

Using 3.0.0.3 and it seems to be working fine.

Two questions:

1. Can you point me towards documentation for accessing the priority level either in the plug-in or scripting?

2. I've been having a problem with the string "locking up" in a random pattern. This is not new with 3.0.0.3. It is recovered by simply telling the plug-in to run the effect again, and so I tend to think this is a problem with the Pi end of things. It seems that Hyperion stops sending the sequence to the string and is in an odd state.... Have you seen this? Any debug hints?

rgds,
                          Doug

Comment

1. for scripts see the User Guide scripting section, basically you pass the priority as an integer parameter.
                            In the plug-in there is a default priority value that you can set from the config page and that is used when you control your LED strip from the device management page. From an event you can create Hyperion action which have the priority as a parameter, like in the screenshot below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	seteffectaction.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	1175240

2. No, I don't think I have ever seen such a thing.

Comment

Working...
                            X