[Feature Request] Allow pushover as notification source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Feature Request] Allow pushover as notification source

Would it be possible to allow for pushover notification of alerts instead of only allowing email?

There is a plugin for pushover, and a large amount of folks are using it instead of email because it seems to work reliably as compared to email.

You are correct, there is a plug in that works very well. Why reinvent the wheel?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rxatwell View Post
      You are correct, there is a plug in that works very well. Why reinvent the wheel?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
      I believe the op is asking Bob to allow one to use the other existing pushover plugin from within BLLAN for notifications instead of email. Plugins can reference and use other plugins from within themselves. Much like you can often reference plugin features from scripts.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by sirmeili; May 4, 2017, 07:48 AM.

Comment

This is what I was requesting, my wording may have not been clear enough.

Currently, you only have the option in the BLLAN plugin to send notifications via email.

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
        I believe the op is asking Bob to allow one to use the other existing pushover plugin from within BLLAN for notifications instead of email. Plugins can reference and use other plugins from within themselves. Much like you can offer reference plugin features from scripts.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh, I see now. Sorry I misunderstood. That would be a useful enhancement!

Comment

You could use an event and trigger off the device value
            I believe 0 = off and 100 = on
            Cheers,
            Bob
            Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
              You could use an event and trigger off the device value
              I believe 0 = off and 100 = on
              Yes, here is an example
              Attached Files

Comment

But I have a larger than normal amount of devices, so I'd have 20-25 new "events" to do something that should be a somewhat easy fix at the head end.

Also could be ported to your other plugins that report at the same time, so basically a module

Pretty Please!

Comment

use pushover email alias

there is also an option to create email aliases for pushover devicegroups.
                  go to the pushover.net settings and section Create an Email alias and use this alias address
                  for pushover notifications. xxxxxxx@pomail.net

one disadvantage is pushover email delivery is little bit slower.

Zigmund

Comment

I send quite a few emails to xxxxxxxxxx@pomail.net and they are fast and reliable. The only delay (if there is any) is in the sending of emails, Pushover's sending the message is always quick. When I have tested with simultaneous sends they arrive within a second or two of each other. Here is a screenshot form an event that sends a Pushover message through the plug-in and another by email.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1100.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	1190758

The email push message was delivered within 2 seconds of the Pushover direct.
                    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Yes, I know you can specify an email for pushover.

This doesn't fix an issue I've run into in that the "email chain" has broken for some reason and I don't receive the alert.

Having an alternate through the pushover plugin will give a 2nd path of an alert so if something is broken in the email chain, I'd still receive the alert.

Unless someone broke the internet
                      Last edited by karib; May 4, 2017, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X