Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to use Seekeypad and Scene (Phantom)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to use Seekeypad and Scene (Phantom)

First the SeeKeypad buttons and the Scene(Phantom) will be create only if you have a label name in the RadioRA2.

SeeKeypad:

-action when you press a button:
    if you want an event to trigger every time you press it you need to chose "A Device's Value is..." than " changes and becomes"
    use the device that have all your label of the SeeKeypad not the status alone of the button
    every time you press the button the even will trigger.

-action when the led turn on or off
    if you want an event to trigger every time the led status archive (led On = all the RA2 are at the setpoint of that scene, Led Off = at least one of the device of the scene are not at le setpoint) you need to chose "A Device's Value is..." than " changes and becomes"
    use the device that have the Led status of the button
    every your led change at the status of your scene it will trigger the envent

Scene(Phantom)
    First the Phantom is only use by a 3rd Party from Ra2, so you need to have the software RadioRA2 to configure them, with that you can create scene (set multiple device with one press) this is faster reaction than use the Event in HS .

-action when the turn on or off
    if you want an event to trigger every time the status archive (On = all the RA2 are at the setpoint of that scene, Off = at least one of the device of the scene are not at le setpoint) you need to chose "A Device's Value is..." than " changes and becomes"
    use the device that have the status of the Scene
    every your device change at the status of your scene it will trigger the envent

Hey Don. Thanks for the latest updates. I loaded the newest version and did the add device as noted in v63. I've lost control of Ra devices from the scene level (preset lighting) and can't make the button event work. For the scene - existing events could call a scene on a keypad (e.g. a path of light 'path to kitchen') - which no longer works. For the button, I've set the event to keypad > device value is (the button name) and can no longer trigger an event (before as you'll recall, I was checking to see if the status was on). Any suggestions on what I should test at this point? Cheers, Matt

Comment

Hi Don, just following up on this again. As an ongoing test, I have a keypad that I'm trying to trigger an event with, based on a button push. From the instructions, I've set the event to look for the keypad 'had its value set to' and the button name -- but it doesn't trigger the event. Would you mind clarifying what I may be mussing. Running v67, having the plug-in update the devices after install. I've included a screen cap of the event setup as well as the device. Thanks!
      Attached Files

Comment

Ok I think I find it try the ver. 68 and give me your feedback.

Originally posted by grossmat View Post
        Hi Don, just following up on this again. As an ongoing test, I have a keypad that I'm trying to trigger an event with, based on a button push. From the instructions, I've set the event to look for the keypad 'had its value set to' and the button name -- but it doesn't trigger the event. Would you mind clarifying what I may be mussing. Running v67, having the plug-in update the devices after install. I've included a screen cap of the event setup as well as the device. Thanks!

Comment

Thanks Don. Do I need to click the create devices option after I update to v68?

Comment

No it is just a change in the programming not the device.

Originally posted by grossmat View Post
            Thanks Don. Do I need to click the create devices option after I update to v68?

Comment

He Don. You've fixed it! Thanks so much for getting this sorted. This should really help with the double-tap events which I had working intermittently, then they stopped working somewhere around v64 but I think this latest build will put that issue to rest as well. I really appreciate your efforts in fine-tuning your plug-in. Cheers, Matt

Comment

Matt,

Do you use the events of HS3 for the double tap?

Comment

Hey Don, I had experimented with a few things and in the end, wound up with virtual devices with two states which combined with a counter, allowed me to set the condition for trigger an event. I think I would still need to use the counter, but could probably lose the virtual device. It's been awhile but now that the button is a consistent trigger, I believe this will be easier to re-implement. Are you already doing this on your system?

Comment

Phantom Events

Hi Don. Sorry, quick how-to question here. If I create labeled phantom buttons on the Ra2 side, then go to your plugin and click the 'system create devices that don't exist', will those phantom buttons come in as keypads, or scenes, or???? I'm thinking it may be the fastest and cleanest way for me to deal with groups, that I can then address in HS3. I'm also going to add their bridge device to get a better handle on geo-fencing and some of the other more common-sense UI considerations.

Thanks in advance for your on-going development of the plugin and support! Cheers, Matt

Comment

It will bring it as a scene, if it have a name and not blank it will import it.

Comment

If you want to create an event for a SeeTouch button that control an other device an synchronize the LED, see the post #8 of this post : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...keypad-presses

Comment

Working...
                        X