This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uppdated Radio Thermostat app

Radio Thermostat just updated thier Android app and it now supports scheduling. It is a pretty slick approach with sliders.

Any update on this plugin supporting schedules?

Thanks,
    -Skybolt

Can't you use events to create a schedule?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Can't you use events to create a schedule?
      I have no idea?

I have been using the RC-80's ever since they have been out.
      One day they just stopped comunicating. The RC-80 plugin supported programming the t-stat schedules, and I guess i just got use to that way of doing things. The only other way of programming them was with a horid do app, that was very querky.

I guess events could do setpoints, and that in and of it self could be viewed as schedules. I like to have smart devices control themselves and have HS just monitor them, that way if something stops working with HS you don't have chaos. But if the device mis-behaves then HS can let me know or maybe even fix it. In this case I guess events would be needed...

hmm, thanks for making me think about this.
      -Skybolt

Comment

Originally posted by skybolt View Post
        I have no idea?

I have been using the RC-80's ever since they have been out.
        One day they just stopped comunicating. The RC-80 plugin supported programming the t-stat schedules, and I guess i just got use to that way of doing things. The only other way of programming them was with a horid do app, that was very querky.

I guess events could do setpoints, and that in and of it self could be viewed as schedules. I like to have smart devices control themselves and have HS just monitor them, that way if something stops working with HS you don't have chaos. But if the device mis-behaves then HS can let me know or maybe even fix it. In this case I guess events would be needed...

hmm, thanks for making me think about this.
        That's how I've been doing it. I've been doing it with conditions that can drive one crazy. For instance I have the air conditioning going on if it is > 78 upstairs but no if it is < 65 degrees outside, etc. You can get pretty elaborate. That said, a decent way to implement schedules would be a welcome addition to this plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
          That's how I've been doing it. I've been doing it with conditions that can drive one crazy. For instance I have the air conditioning going on if it is > 78 upstairs but no if it is < 65 degrees outside, etc. You can get pretty elaborate. That said, a decent way to implement schedules would be a welcome addition to this plugin.
          Yeah, but then theres no fall back if something happens to HS.
          I have always went under the premis of "Things need to work when HS is not"
          Granted HS is extremly stable, but it only takes that one time when no one is home for the weekend and the thermostat gets inadvertently set to ~90 and it's 20' out.
          -Skybolt

Comment

There are several things on my to-do list before adding schedules such as full support for the CT-80 (humidity, night light, etc), a few bug fixes, support for more than one housecode, etc. I would like to add scheduling at some point though.

For now, the best solution is to use the Radio Thermostat app to create your schedules. If you don't want cloud connectivity to your thermostats, you can set BeakerStat to disable the cloud service after you've programmed the schedules. As long as you don't enable the "Override internal program" option in BeakerStat it won't touch your schedules.
            HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
            Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
            Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
            Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Working...
            X