Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok. Let me know. I figured it could be linux. . .actually listed in the updater twice for some reason. . .

Comment

I had a problem getting the plugin to connect until I read that when you enter the serial number of the gateway, you have to stop writing when you get to the '-' near the end.

Comment

K. Will try that too. Didn't exclude that in lightify app, so didn't do in HS either.

Comment

Well... you guys might just make me upgrade to HS3 instead of switching brands yet.

Zigbee + no cloud would be a major win!

Comment

Leaving off the - (dash) part of the serial number fixed the connectivity for me as well.

Comment

So you got it working with Linux?

We will modify the plugin so it automatically removes the stuff after the dash in case you enter it, seems to trip up a lot of users. Not sure why they just don't remove it on their end as its a problem with their app also!

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
              Leaving off the - (dash) part of the serial number fixed the connectivity for me as well.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes, the test has succeeded and I can control my test ZigBee bulb (Cree Connected).

Strange that you are saying that their app has this same issue. . .it didn't happen to me. . .I entered the whole Serial manually (didn't take picture of QR code since it was already plugged in) and it worked fine.

Comment

Seems to be a narrow offer when zooming out could cover Osram and the whole plantation: https://support.smartthings.com/hc/e...LIGHTIFY-Bulbs

Are Samsung idiots about licensing? I'd buy their hardware if I could make it subordinate under Homeseer because Samsung has the brand collateral to incent all these Zigbee fiefdoms to rally together, and if they won't, they have the engineering capital to make them interoperate within ST, albeit hub and spoke integration.

It may seem against the mission at HST to encourage customers to buy and experience SmartThings as a path to Zigbee due to the overlapping abilities of HS and ST. While you do validate their solution through support of it, they don't compete for your prospect nor will your legacy customers abandon you for them. Their stuff is too simple, they're going for the one button crowd that values out of box experience over under the hood exposure. Last I checked, nobody has made a HomeSeer unboxing video...

Comment

I take it this is the hub?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...3680191&sr=1-4

so same price as the hue hub.
                    HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
                    Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
                    BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Yes. I was able to pick up one from ebay for about $15 shipped.

Comment

Lots of Osram stuff!

When I went to the Osram site to look for products compatible with the hub last week I could not find much. Today I was on Amazon looking for some lights and a lot of Osram lightify stuff came up.

For example look at all these lights

Landscape lights

a battery powered remote

4 button switch

Motion and temperature sensor

smart plug

and of course rgb lightstrips.

I wonder how much works with this plugin?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                        Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                        Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

As long as there is nothing proprietary in the manufacturers protocol, then it should work with the Osram hub.

We used GE and Sylvania bulbs along with Osram when we tested.
                          Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

How about the battery powered remote? Should it work?

Comment

I don't know what battery powered remote you're referring to.

I can tell you that you can't send commands to HS3 thru the ZigBee plugin, so if you're trying to use the remote to control things in HS3, that won't work.
                              Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

I was talking about the one mentioned and linked in the post with the different OSRAM products (SYLVANIA LIGHTIFY by Osram - Smart Home- Dimming Switch). But in general, you answered my real question. I was hoping that I might be able to use one of the zigbee remotes to notify HS that something had happened so it could trigger something else. It appears that isn't possible. . .too bad, since I was hoping this would be a real link into Zigbee devices, not just lighting.

Comment

Working...
                                X