New $29.95 Motion Sensor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New $29.95 Motion Sensor!

HS-MS100+ may be used to trigger events ("automations") when motion is sensed. Use this turn on lights, send notifications, sound alarms or change the occupancy status of your home. This motion sensor will send Z-Wave commands when (a) motion is sensed and (b) when motion has not been sensed for a (user-adjustable) period of time.

https://shop.homeseer.com/search?typ...uct&q=hs-ms100
    Attached Files
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Is there a manual available as a pdf? I am interested in more technical details. What configuration parameters are available? Does it support direct associations to a light switch?

Comment

I'm getting the impression that forum members feel this is an indoor only device. I read the product page and the instructions pdf. There was no mention of indoor or outdoor use. Therefore, since it wasn't specified I figured it was good for either. If it is indoor only, I don't have any need for the one I ordered.

macromark can you confirm what environments the motion detector can be used in?

Forrest

Comment

Originally posted by kesterf View Post
        I'm getting the impression that forum members feel this is an indoor only device. I read the product page and the instructions pdf. There was no mention of indoor or outdoor use. Therefore, since it wasn't specified I figured it was good for either. If it is indoor only, I don't have any need for the one I ordered.

Forrest
        See post #3. This model is for indoor use only.

Comment

Thanks. I missed that. Of course I ordered on the 12th before that information was made available.

Comment

Recommend the product page be updated to state that it is for indoor use only

Comment

Thanks. I missed that. Of course I ordered on the 12th before that information was made available.
              If you want or need to return go here:
              https://shop.homeseer.com/pages/product-returns

Comment

I don't see where being under the eaves or in a semi-enclosed alcove at the entry way is going to affect any unit. Being out exposed to the elements is another story. I have six micro dimmers in outdoor applications without issues.

I have two exposed to the elements which I covered in liquid electrical tape and placed in a plastic bag by the outdoor XMAS decorations after making all the connections. Neither snow nor rain nor...

It should be pretty easy to take a conduit box with a plastic cover and just bore a hole in the cover to have the sensor exposed. In the same box you could provide micro USB power and even a micro dimmer for independent control of the lights.

This is good stuff, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                  I don't see where being under the eaves or in a semi-enclosed alcove at the entry way is going to affect any unit. Being out exposed to the elements is another story. I have six micro dimmers in outdoor applications without issues.

I have two exposed to the elements which I covered in liquid electrical tape and placed in a plastic bag by the outdoor XMAS decorations after making all the connections. Neither snow nor rain nor...

It should be pretty easy to take a conduit box with a plastic cover and just bore a hole in the cover to have the sensor exposed. In the same box you could provide micro USB power and even a micro dimmer for independent control of the lights.

This is good stuff, thanks.
                  From my understanding, the indoor ones don't work well in bright sunlight. While that might be fine if you are using them just for lights at night, if you are using them to also monitor motion during the day, you may have mixed results depending on the time of day. I have experienced this with the old Aeotec multisensors and I do use z-wave and insteon sensors outdoors now, but since I only use them for lights at night, I'm ok with it.

All that being said, if HS produces one that attaches to normal security lights, and has a 180 and/or 270 degree field, I'm all in. They are cleaner and I don't have to run around and remember to replace batteries.

Comment

Forrest
                    It's for indoor use. I'll update the guide to clearly specify that.

Comment

From my understanding, the indoor ones don't work well in bright sunlight.
                      I do remember reading something about that eons ago. I plan on putting mine facing down under the eaves or under one of the deck railings protected fairly well. I'll try first with one of my Aeotec units and see how it goes.

AFA sensor and dimming it's too bad devices don't report which switch turned them on. Then you could have a conventional sensor to I1 which would go to full bright and a different source go to a pre-determined dimming level. I have this setup working but with switches, not dimmers.

Comment

I am trying to configure the sensor to send basic set commands directly to a HS-WD100+, but I can't seem to get the sensor to send anything. I have set the following configuration parameters per the manual:
                        14 - 1
                        15 - 0

I have also added the node id for the switch to association group 2.

When I sniff the network with Zniffer on my Razberry, I can see the notification being sent to the controller, but nothing is sent to the switch.

Any ideas?

Otherwise, the sensor has been great: paired quickly and easily, it is straightforward to wake up to send configuration commands, clearly named association groups. The firmware seems very well thought out.

Comment

Originally posted by blackbear85 View Post
                          I am trying to configure the sensor to send basic set commands directly to a HS-WD100+, but I can't seem to get the sensor to send anything. I have set the following configuration parameters per the manual:
                          14 - 1
                          15 - 0

I have also added the node id for the switch to association group 2.

When I sniff the network with Zniffer on my Razberry, I can see the notification being sent to the controller, but nothing is sent to the switch.

Any ideas?

Otherwise, the sensor has been great: paired quickly and easily, it is straightforward to wake up to send configuration commands, clearly named association groups. The firmware seems very well thought out.
                          Nevermind. I figured it out. You have to force unsecure mode when including it in the network. Probably something worth mentioning in the instructions.

Comment

Able to include node, but nothing works after that.

Was able to easily add the node to my network, but I cannot get it to report motion, nor can i get it to "wake up". Nothing in the instructions says how to wake it up. Three quick presses removes from network, one long press (5 secs) to add it, one really long press (20 secs) to factory reset.

When I do a "Test Connectivity" I get it to work once every so often by repeatedly pressing the button (slow enough so that is is not confused with "remove from network").
                            Ultimately I am trying to get to the parameters to change the time from 10 minutes to something shorter. (in addition to just getting it to report motion).

The settings/parameters never returns successfully. Keeps reporting that the device is not normally a listening device. Just can't figure out how to make it listen, and do so for more than 2 nanoseconds.

And then, I am getting the impression (don't know for sure yet) that I might need to know the parameter number in order to make the change in minutes. I will add that the single double-sided page that comes with it refers to "page 2". There is no page 2, unless the same side of the paper saying refer to "page 2" is in fact page 2 already. And nowhere else on the page can I find anything related.

I even gave up and plugged it in. No change. Everything stated above is the same. (I do understand that I will want to get it to work on battery during inclusion so that it does not route traffic - but getting it working in any mode is the goal right now)

Comment

Originally posted by FreezePlanet View Post
                              Was able to easily add the node to my network, but I cannot get it to report motion, nor can i get it to "wake up".
                              What version of HS3 and the Z-Wave plugin are you running?

Comment

Working...
                              X