This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keithj69 View Post
    Loaded 0.0.4.93 yesterday and no problems.

Loaded *96 this morning, seems fine. Not at home to verify.
    Thanks. *93 was doing a "full data" dump of vera which caused increased CPU usage on the HS3 server. I was hoping to get faster responses from sensors, mainly motion sensors but it didn't help. I tried a few other things and eventually reverted back to the differential change data. Hence *96.

Comment

Finally got Vera Customer Support to fix the z-wave radio part. Now have full function of vera plus. I added a spare minimote to vera and I have the Vera plugin installed.

It found the minimote in the plugin and created a single device in the UI. I assigned a scene to each of the buttons (tap) in the vera. I made button1 Home, button2 is away, button3 is vacation, and button4 is night. Just to give them a reason.

When I press any of the buttons on the minimote it changes in vera, but, there is no indication in the UI that a button was pressed.
      John, any ideas on why?

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
        Finally got Vera Customer Support to fix the z-wave radio part. Now have full function of vera plus. I added a spare minimote to vera and I have the Vera plugin installed.

It found the minimote in the plugin and created a single device in the UI. I assigned a scene to each of the buttons (tap) in the vera. I made button1 Home, button2 is away, button3 is vacation, and button4 is night. Just to give them a reason.

When I press any of the buttons on the minimote it changes in vera, but, there is no indication in the UI that a button was pressed.
        John, any ideas on why?
        Not to crowd this thread, but my plus is stuffed. Cannot reset it. What did they do?

Comment

Not to crowd this thread, but my plus is stuffed. Cannot reset it. What did they do?
          I sent an email through the vera console with the customer care selection. They sent me back asking me to go to settings, customer care, remote access, and enable it. Then to send them the code that appeared after I enabled remote access. They came in sometime in the night and fixed it.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post

John, any ideas on why?
            Yeah. I don't have minimote support yet I don't have a minimote to test with.

Comment

Stuffed? As in stuffed with devices you can't see?

Try this:

Code:
              http://<YOUR IP>:3480/data_request?id=lu_invoke
              That will show all devices even.

This below will DELETE the device you specify in the device number section. Use with caution.
              Code:
              http://<YOUR IP>:3480/data_request?id=device&action=delete&device=<DEVICE_NUMBER>

Comment

For device support I will need the following from you.

Code:
                http://<YOUR IP>:3480/data_request?id=sdata
                It's best to e-mail it but PM me for now with the output. I'll get an email address for device requests setup once I get a few more changes integrated.

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
                  Yeah. I don't have minimote support yet I don't have a minimote to test with.
                  Here is the graphics list. What do you need to have? Do you need one? They are a little hard to find.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
                    Stuffed? As in stuffed with devices you can't see?

Try this:

Code:
                    http://<YOUR IP>:3480/data_request?id=lu_invoke
                    That will show all devices even.

This below will DELETE the device you specify in the device number section. Use with caution.
                    Code:
                    http://<YOUR IP>:3480/data_request?id=device&action=delete&device=<DEVICE_NUMBER>

The firmware from a month ago or so has the plus not able to fully boot up. I am using an edge for the now. I will try messing with it tonight.Thanks.

Comment

The firmware from a month ago or so has the plus not able to fully boot up. I am using an edge for the now. I will try messing with it tonight.Thanks.
                      Ok, you mean stuffed as in file system full issues. Yeah I've seen lots of those problems on the MCV forum. Most end up doing a factory reset if CC can't clean up the mess.

Comment

New Major release:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...35&postcount=1

Comment

"Delete everything and start from scratch."

To be clear, you are talking about on the Vera plugin side, correct?

Comment

"Delete everything and start from scratch."

To be clear, you are talking about on the Vera plugin side, correct?
                            Yes I want to to re-format your hard drive. Install Windows Or Linux. And then ....

Only the Plugin. It's only the devices mainly sensors that are effected by the changes. If you don't have any motion sensors or contact sensors (door sensors) in Vera then it won't affect you. BUT... if you do then those sensors will stop working in HS.

So to just be clean and safe I suggest a re-install of the Plugin when major changes are introduced.

Comment

Hey John, just installed 0.1.5.61 and seeing odd stuff...or maybe I don't understand how it's supposed to work. The PI created 90 new scenes on my Vera, each with names of this format: HS3-[3 or 4 digit number]-On along with a corresponding scene with suffix "off". the 3 or 4 digit numbers don't appear to be sequential or have an obvious pattern, but range from 930 to 1367. The scenes show as HS3 devices as well as in the Vera UI.

My real Vera scenes appear to have come through correctly, and the one I tested worked correctly when run from HS.
                              -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
                                Hey John, just installed 0.1.5.61 and seeing odd stuff...or maybe I don't understand how it's supposed to work. The PI created 90 new scenes on my Vera, each with names of this format: HS3-[3 or 4 digit number]-On along with a corresponding scene with suffix "off". the 3 or 4 digit numbers don't appear to be sequential or have an obvious pattern, but range from 930 to 1367. The scenes show as HS3 devices as well as in the Vera UI.

My real Vera scenes appear to have come through correctly, and the one I tested worked correctly when run from HS.
                                To fill in everyone else.

The PI will create scenes on the vera controller mapping back to the device created in HS3 for "Security" devices. This being motion,door/window sensor,leak,smoke,CO. One scene for On and one scene for Off. This increases the speed of HS3 knowing about the state of those types of devices hugely. The performance increase is almost instant for device notices.

The scenes on Vera are created with the following naming

HS3-DevRef-[On/Off]

DevRef = The HS3 Device Reference number.

I know in the chat we talked about duplicates. The only way I can think of there being duplicates is if the devices were not deleted from a previous PI version install. This version had major changes and required all devices to be deleted from HS3 before new device import. Otherwise there would be duplicates.

As for the Plugin devices. I will need more information about the Plugin and their category information. If they are setting a proper category/sub-category then I should be able to support them.

However it was good to see that the humidity/temp was registering and working My multi-sensor (zooz 4-in-1) wouldn't add and work correctly in Vera so I couldn't test those settings.

Comment

Working...
                                X