How to Step Setpoint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Step Setpoint

I have a Thermostat, and I want to step down the target (SetPoint) by two degrees, and step it back up after all remote sensors have reached the target. I see the group assignments, and I put all the sensors in a group. So now, it's how do you do the step down and up.
    Should I set up a separate device called Target Temp and use this device as the setpoint and step up/down from this device's dat(setpoint)? The Tstats Setpoint is kinda obsolete if i'm moving it around by programming. Should this post be in event clinic?

not sure I understand your problem, to step down/up the target by 2 degrees, you can use the "EasyTrigger: Set device to another device" action

Set Target device to Target device - 2

Comment

Well, it’s a Tstat, and when it reaches the target temp it’s going to shut off prior to all the remote sensors being at the select target. So I have to step the tstat setpoint down by 2 until remote sensors (group) reaches the target temp, and then releases the step down.
      If tstat changes and become cool, set cool setpoint to sp-2.
      It has to know somehow what the setpoint is, it’s almost like I need to hold the existing setpoint somewhere and then set it back after the remote sensors are at the target.

Ok, so I create a virtual device and call it Target Setpoint. This is what I set for the target and leave the actual tstat setpoint in the background. So it would always be ‘Target Setpoint VD -2 entered into the actual tstat setpoint Control.
      Last edited by tome10; June 20, 2018, 02:27 PM.

Comment

I have a Qubino Temperature sensor which shows up as a Thermostat with setpoint scale. I have that set to 72. I try to grab the 72 from it and -2 with the variable operator. It doesn't seem to work. Ideas on why? I grabbed the variable device from the Database Charting program, so it should be correct.
        Attached Files

Comment

the correct syntax to get the device value from the device reference is:
          Code:
          $$DVR:(ref):
          https://help.homeseer.com/help/HS3/s...ment_variables

in your example $$DVR:1047:
          don't forget the colon at the end and the double $ at the beginning

Comment

That worked Spud, thanks.. On the group thing, it seems as though I can't use the grouping to control remote sensors. It appears to be setup in which one member of the group is true it will trigger, but I wish to use it opposite, ie if all the sensors are within a certain range. Am I missing something? I think I have it working the native way, I just thought there would be a group method in ET.

Disregard the numbers being all over the place, apparently if you calibrate sensors in the Status Graphics page, you get odd data in events.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
              That worked Spud, thanks.. On the group thing, it seems as though I can't use the grouping to control remote sensors. It appears to be setup in which one member of the group is true it will trigger, but I wish to use it opposite, ie if all the sensors are within a certain range. Am I missing something? I think I have it working the native way, I just thought there would be a group method in ET.

Disregard the numbers being all over the place, apparently if you calibrate sensors in the Status Graphics page, you get odd data in events.
              To trigger when all device value become within a certain range, you need to use both a group trigger and group conditions

IF any device value in Temp Group has its value changed
              AND IF all device in Temp Group have a value less than Y
              AND IF all device in Temp Group have a value greater than X
              THEN ...

Comment

Working...
              X