Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VWS Plugin cannot find data files (3.0.0.14)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VWS Plugin cannot find data files (3.0.0.14)

I have an interesting situation where the plugin cannot 'find' the dbase, and realtime files it needs for import.

My VWS installation is on a different machine in my house than the one that runs HS3. I have a mapped drive to the location of the files on the VWS host, and security is set wide open (Sharing Read/Write with Everyone, Homegroup, etc., as well as Special Permissions).

I can browse to the share using Windows explorer, and I've validated that I can copy, create, delete, etc files between the 2 machines.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Tony Huk

What happens if you create a directory VWS , such as C:/HS3/Data/VWS and set VWS to copy files there, set plugin to look there, I just want so see if it works with local files. Before changing make sure the configuration shows correct drive and directory.
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

I can tell you that local does work... But I avoid doing that, because VWS tends to lock up or crash when I direct my exports to a remote share. That's why I'm trying to 'pull' the files from a directory local to the machine running VWS

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

If it works locally, then make sure the configuration shows correct drive and directory on remote machine. The plugin just uses windows drive and directory, and doesn't care where it is.
        -Larry

Plugins:
        VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
        Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Sorry it's been a while since I responded to this... My mother passed away 2 weeks ago today, and I've been attending to those things.

I decided that I would try a different tack on this problem... setup another machine running VWS, and I thought maybe I would load the plugin there on that machine, and treat it as a remote plugin with it's own instance via the hspi_VWS.exe Server=IP address Instance=VWSRemote command line.

Since this is my first attempt at trying to run a remote plugin, I have 2 questions. Firstly, does or will the VWS plugin SUPPORT remote load? (I believe that it's a requirement in the Plugin Developer's Guide).

Secondly, what additional items need to be loaded on the remote PC for the plugin to work? I get an error right now:

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'HSCF, Version 1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. at hspi_VWS.Main.Main()

Is this error due to not having the right additional software (i.e. .net, etc) installed on the machine? Given the assembly HSCF, it looks like we're looking for a HomeSeer-specific file.

Thoughts/Ideas/Suggestions?

Tony

Comment

Three files I believe should be located where the plug-in resides, they are HomeSeerAPI.dll, Scheduler.dll, and HSCF.dll as they are necessary for HS3 calls to HomeSeer functions. Outside of what I just suggested, I am not too familiar running plug-ins remotely.
            -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Working...
            X