DLSC on a Zee S2 log warnings, setup issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DLSC on a Zee S2 log warnings, setup issues

I am trialing the BLDSC plugin because I've hit some issues with the homeseer DSC plugin and have not received any replies in that subforum. Specifically, it's a "too many files open" error that crashes the Zee on a daily basis.

Anyway... I installed the BLDSC plugin and disabled the Homeseer plugin. In the setup, I added 1 partition and told the plugin that I have 8 zones. I also set the com port as "0". The homeseer plugin successfully communicated with my DSC 1832 on port "/dev/ttyUSB0".

The log shows the following every few minutes:
    Sep-12 2:43:18 PM BLDSC start BLDSC plugin has been initialized
    Sep-12 2:43:18 PM BLDSC start Users have been loaded
    Sep-12 2:43:18 PM BLDSC start Zones have been loaded
    Sep-12 2:43:18 PM BLDSC start Partitions have been loaded
    Sep-12 2:43:18 PM BLDSC start Loaded configuration successfully
    Sep-12 2:43:17 PM BLDSC start BLDSC version is: 2.0.46.0
    Sep-12 2:43:17 PM BLDSC start Initializing BLDSC...
    Sep-12 2:43:17 PM Info Plugin BLDSC has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:59033
    Sep-12 2:43:15 PM Warning I/O interface BLDSC is down, executable is not running, restarting ...
    Sep-12 2:43:06 PM Info Plugin BLDSC with instance: has disconnected

So it looks like it's successfully connecting, and then becomes disconnected within about 10 minutes. I'm not seeing any device or status updates. If I go into the BLDSC's settings and choose the Real-time Log button, the page freezes and eventually times out without showing any log info.

Any help is appreciated!

Unfortunately, I do not have access to my system to see how it is configured.
    For the com port, did you try typing ""/dev/ttyUSB0" rather than just 0??

Comment

Yep, I was just about to post that I found the solution... I initially put /dev/ttyUSB0 in the port section, but it wouldn't save when I hit the save button. So I tried "0" and it accepted it.

Then when I reviewed the logs, I saw this line:

Sep-12 2:43:17 PM Info Plugin BLDSC has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:59033

and assumed that it was working.

Later I looked at the logs and that same entry appeared many times in the log, but with different port numbers. So I re-tried setting the port to /dev/ttyUSB0 and it accepted it.

Now the log shows:

Sep-13 7:07:17 AM BLDSC Info DSC Com Port - SerialPort (/dev/ttyUSB0) Open

So I'm not sure what the earlier "connected" entries mean, but they were throwing me off. Everything seems to be working fine now and the zones are reporting their changes.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X