Homeseer showing disconnected yet working fine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer showing disconnected yet working fine

I just updated to the new version of myServer - 5.0.6683.21280. Upon reboot I noticed a number of variables were out of sync.

I looked under BLML2HS status and it shows disconnected for myServer Homeseer client.

However, everything is working fine, events are triggering fine and variables update in myServer when I change them in HS3. The only thing that doesn't appear to be happening is that if I restart myServer it doesn't synchronize values at that point.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

HS3 version is 3.0.0.435.

What version of the Homeseer driver in myServer are you using?
    Dave has changed it to use the HS json calls directly so I am wondering if that is what is happening
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Homeseer driver is version 5.0.6678.18192

Comment

I think that is the newest version which uses the JSON directly with HS instead of using the BLML2HS plugin
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

So should I ignore the disconnected message in the plugin? Thanks.

Comment

Yes you can ignore because nothing is connecting to it
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

So if it is not using the plugin but is using the JSON directly then that means the likely direct connection does not synchronize variables on restart of myserver?

What was weird was that when I installed the myserver update and then restarted it some of my core variables (such as sleep mode on or off) suddenly showed as on in myserver when they were off in homeseer.

I am assuming if I have stated everything correctly then I would need to discuss this on the Allonis board with Dave? Thanks.

Comment

If you are using the BLML2HS app in myServer then it will still sync devices with the BLML2HS plugin on the HS3 side
                If you are using the Homeseer driver in myServer then it will directly communicate to HS3 to get and control devices

Dave needs to fix the Homeseer driver because I cannot control any of my devices from myServer directly in HS3. I have sent him my config and he is looking at it
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

I am using both.

I never uninstalled the BLML2HS app when I installed the homeseer driver - so both are running.

I rely on the BLML2HS app to translate and create certain variables where I have issued them names in the devices setup.

This is why I was confused when the variables didn't sync up after that reboot?

Comment

I had another issue with things out of sync again this morning. MyServer crashed - unrelated. On restart some of my variables were out of sync between HS3 and MyServer and it did not synchronize them.

The variables in question were prefixed with "HS3" which is my global prefix in the BLML2HS options.

So is the issue related to the Homeseer driver or the BLML2HS plugin? I must say I am a little confused about what is doing what in my setup? I can cross-post on the Allonis board if that is a better place to have this conversation? Thanks.

Comment

They might not change because only a value change will cause the plugin to send it to myserver
                      Can u check if one changes it is then sent over
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

When a value changes it updates fine. I only started noticing this because an errant command was crashing myserver every night. Normally this shouldn't even be an issue.

Comment

Related to this - is there a status device in HS3 that shows the connection status of MyServer? I know that these variables exist in MyServer.

I would like to test for the connection from HS3 and if it fails take some corrective actions. Thanks.

Comment

Currently there is not
                            You could add a feature request on my site
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

I was doing some work on my server this weekend and restarted the server several times. For some reason this always causes certain variables to get out of sync. Is there a way to force a refresh of variable status - perhaps on restart of myserver?

Comment

Working...
                              X