Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Program creates new RXX zones

Hi Michael,
    I had issues with my rain8net, I was using Rain8 setup to check on the controller and I noticed that everytime I run it, creates another number, right now I'm on R49 for zone one and etc. Would it be possible to delete them and go back to the original number, I think it was R01 and so on. I have HSTouch and few other programs hard coded to these numbers.

Thanks,
    Aldo

There is a section in mcsSprinklers.ini [RAIN8UNITS] that contains the mapping between valves and device code. Edit the file to be what you want. Use R1 and not R01 etc.

You indicate every time you run Rain8 setup the numbers change. What specifically do you mean by running Rain8 setup? I want to understand why the device codes are incrementing.

Comment

Hi Michael,
      Thanks again for your fast response. I'm not really sure how these devices got created but I know I was playing with the Device Setup Page also called Rain8 Setup. I was trying to figure out why my rain8net would not work and the only thing that it could trigger to create more devices was when I selected "Communication Test" or Find Rain8Module"

I followed your instructions, renamed the devices and it works now.

Thanks,
      Aldo

Comment

Working...
      X