X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sending Notice to cell phone via email Text Message - Verizon

Ok, this is a weird one.

I just moved from AT&T to Verizon and I have some events to send me alerts based on things that may happen. The way I have it setup is that it sends a email to something like... send-to-me @ domain.com That email then forwards to several accounts via the server side forwards setup where one is #######@vtext.com.

The issue is, when a message is sent to that address via homeseer, I do not get the message that is forwarded to my cell # as a text message. If I send to that address with my email program or other systems I have that send to that same address, I get them just fine. It is only the homeseer sent ones that will not be sent on to me from Verizon. Verizon accepts the message as per my server logs, but I do not get it.

No issue when I was on AT&T. Again, this is only homeseer that it seems the messages do not go though from. Using the same address any other way, it goes out correctly.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

what kind of phone,,, It worked on my Blackberry ( blackberry.net ) and when I changed to Droids it still works ( Thru GMail ), I never got the vtext to work for me..
    Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

It's a Android HTC Thunderbolt. It is not an issue with receiving TEXT messages, it is an issue sending them via Homeseer. If not sent from HomeSeer, I get the alerts just fine in all tests I have done.

It is only if I send it from homeseer that they never reach the phone via sms text message using the same alert address.

You getting them though gmail is getting them via email which I get no issue. Not the same.

Comment

Ok, got it to work, but very weird.

The text I was trying to send was "Alarm system disarmed." and it would not go out. I changed it to "Alarm deactivated" and it works.

I am at a total loss on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by David Bott View Post
          The text I was trying to send was "Alarm system disarmed." and it would not go out. I changed it to "Alarm deactivated" and it works.
          I really have to think that's a red herring. Something else must have changed (perhaps unintentionally) to make it work that time. Change it back and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by matt91 View Post
            I really have to think that's a red herring. Something else must have changed (perhaps unintentionally) to make it work that time. Change it back and see what happens.
            I did....Again it did not go though. It does get all the way to Verizon and is accepted into their email server. It just never comes out to me. Something in Verizon seems to say nope.

Very, very, pondering.

Comment

I had mail going regularly to my address @vtext.com up the point where (at least our) Verizon Wireless upgraded security to use port 587 for SMTP in addition to require logging in for sending mail. The latter HS makes provision for, but I never found a way to specify in HS an override to use a different port than its default of 25 for SMTP. Since then no email get accepted by VW.

If anyone has the way to code the 587 port in for SMTP, I'd appreciate it. I thought this might be your problem, but you say _some_ of your emails are getting through.

Cheers,
              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by smcwilliams View Post
                I had mail going regularly to my address @vtext.com up the point where (at least our) Verizon Wireless upgraded security to use port 587 for SMTP in addition to require logging in for sending mail. The latter HS makes provision for, but I never found a way to specify in HS an override to use a different port than its default of 25 for SMTP.
                For my email I simply appended the port in the HomeSeer options.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                X