No announcement yet.

ISY Insteon Beta 1.0.3.17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bpwwer, I have attached the two related screens as requested.

Thanks
    Mack
    Last edited by MasterMog; April 19, 2014, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterMog View Post
      bpwwer, I have attached the two related screens as requested.

Thanks
      Mack
      Thanks,

It almost looks like the download or unzipping may be corrupt. I've tried both my local copy of the zip file and a downloaded copy and can't reproduce this.

Can you try re-downloading the package? Also you're not out of diskspace are you? Some googling indicates that this error can happen if there's a version mismatch. What version are you running now? You might try using the control panel add/remove software to remove the plug-in first and then try the install.

If all else fails, I can send you the .dll and you can just copy it into the HomeSeer directory (that's what I do while testing so it's not a dangerous thing to do).
      --
      Bob Paauwe
      ISYInsteon Plug-in
      http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post
        Thanks,

It almost looks like the download or unzipping may be corrupt. I've tried both my local copy of the zip file and a downloaded copy and can't reproduce this.

Can you try re-downloading the package? Also you're not out of diskspace are you? Some googling indicates that this error can happen if there's a version mismatch. What version are you running now? You might try using the control panel add/remove software to remove the plug-in first and then try the install.

If all else fails, I can send you the .dll and you can just copy it into the HomeSeer directory (that's what I do while testing so it's not a dangerous thing to do).

Downloading the zip file again did not fixed the problem. Also, when I try to remove the item via the control planel add/remove feature I get the same error (with change & remove option). I have plenty of disk space available so that can't be the issue either. So if you can send me the .dll I will just copy it into the HomeSeer directoty.

Thanks
        Mack

Comment

Downloading the zip file again did not fixed the problem. Also, when I try to remove the item via the control planel add/remove feature I get the same error (with change & remove option). I have plenty of disk space available so that can't be the issue either. So if you can send me the .dll I will just copy it into the HomeSeer directoty.

Thanks
          Mack
          So maybe it does have something to do with the version that's installed has something messed up in the install versions info. Some of the search results had steps for fixing things like this. They seemed to mostly be issues with Microsoft Office installs.

In any case, I've attached a zip file with just the .dll to the first post in this thread. Unzip the .dll and copy it to the c:\program files\homeseer 2 directory (homeseer will need to be stopped when you do this).

I don't think just copying in the file will fix the problem with the installer. You could try running the installer with options like this:
          Code:
          msiexec /faumv HomeSeerPluginISYInsteon_3_0_0.msi
          If that doesn't work, try again but append a "/log hsisy.log" to the end of the command. That will create a log file for the install. Post the log and I'll take a look.
          --
          Bob Paauwe
          ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

So maybe it does have something to do with the version that's installed has something messed up in the install versions info. Some of the search results had steps for fixing things like this. They seemed to mostly be issues with Microsoft Office installs.

In any case, I've attached a zip file with just the .dll to the first post in this thread. Unzip the .dll and copy it to the c:\program files\homeseer 2 directory (homeseer will need to be stopped when you do this).

I don't think just copying in the file will fix the problem with the installer. You could try running the installer with options like this:
            Code:
            msiexec /faumv HomeSeerPluginISYInsteon_3_0_0.msi
            If that doesn't work, try again but append a "/log hsisy.log" to the end of the command. That will create a log file for the install. Post the log and I'll take a look.
            I ran the file using the msiexec cmd as suggested above and it still didn't work. The log file has been attached as hsisy.txt. I then ran the install package just running the .msi file the normal way and have attached the log file as hsisy2.txt.

Thanks
            Mack
            Last edited by MasterMog; April 19, 2014, 08:38 AM.

Comment

I ran the file using the msiexec cmd as suggested above and it still didn't work. The log file has been attached as hsisy.txt. I then ran the install package just running the .msi file the normal way and have attached the log file as hsisy2.txt.

Thanks
              Mack
              Thanks! I think that might help. There are some messages about not having .NET 2.0 installed and that's why it's failing. The plug-in needs .NET 3.0 and I suspect that's what is installed, the installer may need .NET 2.0. I should be able to make the installer use .NET 3.0 just like the plug-in. I'll experiment a bit with that and let you know.
              --
              Bob Paauwe
              ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Plug-in has problem with EZX10RF device

It appears the plug-in version 1.0.3.12 has a problem with EZX10RF device from simplehomenet. When I bring up Homeseer after updating from 1.0.3.8 to 1.0.3.12 some of the device configured for the EZX10RF keep turning on & off randomly. When I bring Homeseer down the problem stops. So next I unchecked all of the devices on the config screen with type "ISY Bridge" which is how my EZX10RF devices show via the plug-in and everything works fine after applying filter. Any suggestions?

In addition, a lot of the ISY devices show a status of 56.8F which is the current temperature from the ISY Weatherbug module. So it appears the status is not updating correctly for about 1/3 of my insteons devices.

Thanks
                Mack

Comment

I can't remember so bear with me... I think I have these new devices named "Thermostat - Units" since I upgraded to .12 and their display value is 2. Also Thermostat Fan devices have a display value of 8.

Comment

It appears the plug-in version 1.0.3.12 has a problem with EZX10RF device from simplehomenet. When I bring up Homeseer after updating from 1.0.3.8 to 1.0.3.12 some of the device configured for the EZX10RF keep turning on & off randomly. When I bring Homeseer down the problem stops. So next I unchecked all of the devices on the config screen with type "ISY Bridge" which is how my EZX10RF devices show via the plug-in and everything works fine after applying filter. Any suggestions?
                    I know the plug-in doesn't have any specific support for the EZX10RF and that hasn't changed between the versions. What I'd like to see is a log with the log level at debug or verbose covering a time frame when you're seeing the problem.

Unchecking the devices in the config screen removes the HomeSeer device record for the device so that seems to imply that it' may be a HomeSeer event or condition that triggering the random behavior.

In addition, a lot of the ISY devices show a status of 56.8F which is the current temperature from the ISY Weatherbug module. So it appears the status is not updating correctly for about 1/3 of my insteons devices.
                    If you select one of the devices from the HomeSeer status page and go to the "Additional Information" link for the device, what shows up for the value, status, and string? the string should be "56.8F", but I expect the value and status to be right for the device.

Are all the devices that are doing this the same type or class? If so, what type? This seems to be related to the bug report in another thread for version 1.0.3.11 that I thought I had fixed but I must not be handling some types of devices correctly yet.
                    --
                    Bob Paauwe
                    ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Originally posted by hart2hart View Post
                      I can't remember so bear with me... I think I have these new devices named "Thermostat - Units" since I upgraded to .12 and their display value is 2. Also Thermostat Fan devices have a display value of 8.
                      Yes, at some point the ISY added another bit of information to the thermostats and now reports the "units of measure" that it's using. So "Thermostat - Units" should be displaying "Fahrenheit" or "Celsius",. The fan should be displaying "Auto" or "On". I suspect that I just didn't set the proper string value for these when the plug-in starts. They would probably update with the correct value when the ISY sends an update but since they don't change often you might not see them change.

The problem is similar to the post above. There's still some bugs in the code that sets the initial state of the devices. In all these cases, it should just be the HomeSeer status display that's wrong, not the actual device values.
                      --
                      Bob Paauwe
                      ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Yes, at some point the ISY added another bit of information to the thermostats and now reports the "units of measure" that it's using. So "Thermostat - Units" should be displaying "Fahrenheit" or "Celsius",. The fan should be displaying "Auto" or "On". I suspect that I just didn't set the proper string value for these when the plug-in starts. They would probably update with the correct value when the ISY sends an update but since they don't change often you might not see them change.

The problem is similar to the post above. There's still some bugs in the code that sets the initial state of the devices. In all these cases, it should just be the HomeSeer status display that's wrong, not the actual device values.
                        Thanks, any suggestions on the EZX10RF problem?

Comment

Thanks, any suggestions on the EZX10RF problem?
                          Mack,

I responded to your post above but I guess with the multiple postings (and not any real threading within a thread) you missed it.

I don't have any idea t this point what's causing the problem with the EZX10RF. I don't have an EZX10RF so I have no way to try and reproduce this. What I'd like to see is a log with the log level at debug or verbose covering a time frame when you're seeing the problem. Seeing the log would help me a lot.

If you select one of the devices from the HomeSeer status page and go to the "Additional Information" link for the device, what shows up for the value, status, and string? the string should be "56.8F", but I expect the value and status to be right for the device.

Are all the devices that are doing this the same type or class? If so, what type? This seems to be related to the bug report in another thread for version 1.0.3.11 that I thought I had fixed but I must not be handling some types of devices correctly yet.
                          --
                          Bob Paauwe
                          ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

You are correct that it is not causing any issue. Just wanted to give you the feedback since you take such good care of us. Really --- Thanks.

Comment

I know the plug-in doesn't have any specific support for the EZX10RF and that hasn't changed between the versions. What I'd like to see is a log with the log level at debug or verbose covering a time frame when you're seeing the problem.

Unchecking the devices in the config screen removes the HomeSeer device record for the device so that seems to imply that it' may be a HomeSeer event or condition that triggering the random behavior.

I appreciate all the help you have given me thus far Bob, however moving forward I plan to load the copy of Homeseer Pro on one of my in-wall PCs and sell the HomeTroller S3 (that came with HS2). I actually purchased a separate copy of Homeseer Pro so the HS2 license will stay with the unit. I will let you know if I encounter the same issues on the new installtion of Homeseer.

Thanks
                              Mack

Comment

Mack,

I responded to your post above but I guess with the multiple postings (and not any real threading within a thread) you missed it.

I don't have any idea t this point what's causing the problem with the EZX10RF. I don't have an EZX10RF so I have no way to try and reproduce this. What I'd like to see is a log with the log level at debug or verbose covering a time frame when you're seeing the problem. Seeing the log would help me a lot.

I loaded HSPro on a Dell machine with Windows 7 and so far all of the issues I was having are gone. I must assume that there was something was wrong with the way I had HS2 installed on the Hometroller S3 unit.

The status fields no longer show the 56.8F as mentioned previously but they still seem to be very slow updating to the actual status.

Thanks
                                Mack

Comment

Working...
                                X