This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schedules ?

I am looking to do all of the programming remotely from another app and not there online wizard.

Is there anyway of programming the schedules for the t-stat from homeseer?
    Or should I say your plugin?
    Or is there a limit on what you can do remotely?

Thanks,
    Skybolt
    -Skybolt

The plugin does not currently offer native schedule programming. It's designed simply to control the thermostat through events.
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
      The plugin does not currently offer native schedule programming. It's designed simply to control the thermostat through events.
      Thanks, But is this a limitation of the thermostat or could this be a feature request?
      -Skybolt

Comment

The thermostats do allow setting schedules remotely, I just did not implement that in the plugin. I'll mark it down as a feature request.
        Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
        Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
        Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

The thermostats do allow setting schedules remotely, I just did not implement that in the plugin. I'll mark it down as a feature request.
          Thanks, I know it is alot of work. I didn't realize when I bought the t-stat (3M-50) that it was an online only, of programming. Other then that it seems weel worht the mony. Quite inexpensive actually.
          -Skybolt

Comment

Which model do you have? You should be able to program at least the 3M-50 from the thermostat itself. It's not very intuitive, but you can do it.

Comment

Which model do you have? You should be able to program at least the 3M-50 from the thermostat itself. It's not very intuitive, but you can do it.
              Yes - The 3M-50. It is possable to program at the unit, I am just use to the RC80 and HAI's way of doing things. They had a real nice product. But for some reason my cumunication died on both therms one day apart. strange I know, but it happend none the less. And with wifi stats available at HD for ~$100, how can you go wrong. My HAI stats cost more then twice that.

Not sure I am going to keep the wifi stat though(will keep, may not use right now), I need to look into why the RC80's died. tried it on two different computers and no go at this point in time.

I was really hoping to be able to create schedules with your plugin and bypass the online thing. I hate having someone else in control on my stuff. Mybe I am old fashioned, but I guess that is why we are all here. anyway thanks for the quick responses, it is appreciated.
              -Skybolt

Comment

I'll definitely consider adding scheduling to the plugin, but there have only been a couple of requests for it. I guess I figured most would want to use HS events to change the setpoints. I completely agree with you on the local vs cloud thing. I disable the cloud service on all my thermostats too. Same with all my other gear. I think the biggest annoyance recently was surveillance camera software that wants to send everything to the cloud. Not Cool.

Comment

I'll definitely consider adding scheduling to the plugin, but there have only been a couple of requests for it....
                  That would be a great thing. I would pay seperately for that in fact.

I think the biggest annoyance recently was surveillance camera software that wants to send everything to the cloud. Not Cool.
                  Wow, I can't imagine why they would do that or think people would think that's a good thing.
                  -Skybolt

Comment

Working...
                  X