Forecast Icons missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forecast Icons missing

The forecast icons are now missing while they used to be there. Per the URL, they are retrieved from the WeatherBug web site, but when I go to the URL of the image I get an access denied. Is anybody else running into this issue?

Same issue - but

I have the same issue from time to time but it always seems to resolve itself, sometimes in an hour, sometimes longer - I have never been able to figure out what causes it - if you do - pls let me know. Sorry I can't be any help....

Comment

Still the same issue; the forecast icons cannot be retrieved from the web site. Anybody else running into the same problem?

Comment

I am not experiencing this issue. Please right-click on one of the forecast icons, then select Properties then provide the contents of the Address (URL) contents so I can inspect it.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I am using version 1.0.4620.19027 of the plugin. The url for tonight's forecast in the plugin is http://img.weather.weatherbug.com/fo.../trans/014.png. When I enter the URL in the browser I get a 404 error.

I clicked "More.." to navigate to the WeatherBug web page and displayed the detailed forecast. The url for tonight's forecast on their web page is http://img.weather.weatherbug.com/fo...ns/cond014.png

When I add cond to the link from the plugin in the browser it returns an icon: http://img.weather.weatherbug.com/fo...ns/cond014.png.

the forecast low/high and text summary match between the plugin's forecast and WeatherBug's web page.

Comment

It looks like the install didn't update the aspx web page. Can you rename \html\hspi_ultraweatherbug\hspi_ultraweatherbug.aspx, then re-install the plug-in and select "Repair"?

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Yes will do so when I am back home later this week. Thanks

Comment

Updating hspi_ultraweatherbug.aspx via the repair resolved the problem. Thank you.

Comment

same problem??

I just installed the latest update this morning. Immediately my log starts filling with Web Server 404 error message about every 20 seconds. Icons are missing and the "plug-in" is no longer listed under the HS Plug-Ins Links Menu. It's like the aspx doesn't exist any longer but the device status page is still there (just no icons). Assuming this is the identical problem pcp is having, how/where do I go to change the aspx page so I can "repair" the plug-in.

This is first line of multiple errors (all of which are the same wind, humidity, etc):

web server error 404, cannor serve file: c:\program files (x86)\homeseer HSPRO\html/images/hspi_ultraweatherbug.cond003.gif

Comment

I don't understand why some systems are not able to install all the fles assoicated with the plug-in. You can just reinstall the plug-in from the HomeSeer updater and that should allow you to run a repair.

Regards,
                    Ultrajones

Comment

I have multiple times with same result. Sorry...

Comment

Hello. You have to either remove or rename hspi_ultraweatherbug.aspx before running the repair.

Regards,
                        Ultrajones

Comment

Sorry to be so stupid but I have no idea where I'm supposed to make the revision or remove the line. I know this is way below your pay grade but I need just a little more direction please.

Comment

From the HomeSeer root directory, cd to \html\hspi_ultraweatherbug\ then rename or delete hspi_ultraweatherbug.aspx, then re-install the plug-in and select "Repair". It will reinstall the correct version of the hspi_ultraweatherbug.aspx from the installer.

Regards,
                            Ultrajones

Comment

OK, thanks. I navigated to the Homeseer html folder, deleted hspi_ultraweatherbug.aspx. Back to the Updater, download Ultraweatherbug. Restart HS, Run repair. Same result. hspi_ultraweatherbug.aspx is installed in the HS html folder but the results are the same.

I still have no images and no Ultraweatherbug aspx page in HS. If I check the status page for weatherbug in HS it shows the various device types but none have been updated since update was installed on 9-21. Ultraweatherbug no longer shows up as a plug-in on the HS Interfaces tab either.

I've tried multiple times this morning. Don't know what to try next.

Comment

Working...
                              X