Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well after a crash course in PI3 Linux and trying to figure out why my npm command wouldn't work and how to install a new version of NodeJS on PI3 in nine simple commands . I was successful in running "Getpassword.js". One thing I noticed is that when I first ran the script against each Roomba It would first only get the BLid and not the password, had to run it a second time also I had to move my PI3 within six feet of the Roomba to get both values for Rosie (idiosyncrasies?) also it seems that when you first enter your Roomba BLid and Password and after the plug-in creates the device fields it take it a few minutes (up to 5 minutes) to populate the device fields and then all of sudden you have a working live device that's controllable - General observation for those less traveled in PI3 Linux..
    Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
    Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
    HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
      Yes you need to use the dorita980 to get the BLID and password for the plugin.
      There is nothing on Windows that will do it as far as I know
      You can use a Raspberry PI to do it with dorita980
      You can easily do it by running nodejs on Windows.

Just install nodejs, then use npm to install dorita980. You can then go into your nodejs\node_modules\dorita980 folder and run "node .\bin\getpassword.js <ip address>":

Code:
      D:\Program Files (x86)\nodejs\node_modules\dorita980>node .\bin\getpassword.js 192.168.0.184
      Make sure your robot is on the Home Base and powered on (green lights on). Then press and hold the HOME button on your robot until it plays a series of tones (about 2 seconds). Release the button and your robot will flash WIFI light.
      Then press any key here...
      Robot Data:
      { ver: '2',
        hostname: 'Roomba-99999999999999',
        robotname: 'Roomba',
        ip: '192.168.0.184',
        mac: 'F0:03:8C:96:4E:61',
        sw: 'v2.2.9-1',
        sku: 'R980020',
        nc: 0,
        proto: 'mqtt',
        blid: '99999999999999' }
      Password=> :X:XXXXXXXXXX:ABCDEfghiJKL1234 <= Yes, all this string.
      Use this credentials in dorita980 lib :)

Comment

Of course even with the BLID and password, this isn't working for me. It created the devices, but they're almost all blank and the control buttons don't do anything... any suggestions? What should I expect at this stage of the beta, and how can I help?

Comment

Hey so when that thing goes out, you can upgrade to a Neato Botvac and build a plugin for that. ijs. ;-)

Comment

More data on 980

Have you guys seen this Japanese website reverse engineering the Roomba API?

https://translate.google.com/transla...oomba-slackbot

It might help with the ID and password fetching but also might help with the command sequence issue posted here.

Comment

Question

Will this plugin work with any of the other Wifi models (non-third party Wifi)?

In other words will this also work with the roomba 890 + Wifi built-in, 960 + Wifi built-in?

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
                Of course even with the BLID and password, this isn't working for me. It created the devices, but they're almost all blank and the control buttons don't do anything... any suggestions? What should I expect at this stage of the beta, and how can I help?
                I take it back, restarting HS took care of it. I probably could have achieved the same results with a restart of just the plugin.

Comment

Hello Folks,

Just a quick question. I saw a similar question asked but was never replied to. Is this plugin compatible with the Roomba 690 or other wifi enabled Roombas?

Thanks for the help!

Comment

It was only written for the Roomba 980.
                    You could always give it a try
                    Cheers,
                    Bob
                    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                      It was only written for the Roomba 980.
                      You could always give it a try
                      I just picked up a 960 which I think besides the 980 that is the only other WiFi roomba at this time. I'll follow up on this as it get it going.

EDIT: I can confirm the 960 works completely in HomeSeer.
                      Last edited by integlikewhoa; October 10, 2017, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Suggestions for BLRoombaWifi

Hey Bob, Thanks for this plug-in it works great. But i do have a suggestion if its passable. I have the 980 and i have it blocked from getting to the internet so it wont do any updates. but by doing this i cant see the map of the area that it cleaned using the Roomba app. I was able to install rest980 and get it to connected and see the map live but there is 2 problems with this that I ran in to. I cant lookup history or last map just a live map. and the other problem is i cant get BLRoombaWifi to see the Roomba when rest980 is running. I am assuming its a security restriction at the Roomba to not allow more then one user at a time. So i was hopping that you could add to your plugin to have a history map, last map, and a live map so i can add it to HSTouch graphics. If you like to see my HSTouch graphic see pic attached.

System Info:
                        Operating System: Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard
                        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368
                        BLRoombaWifi Version: 2.0.12.0

Roomba Info:
                        Model: 980
                        SW: V2.2.11-4
                        Attached Files

Comment

Roomba not communicating

I just installed the BLRoombaWiFi plugin successfully. I then entered the ip address of the Roomba and the username/password that I use to log into the Roomba account and iOS app. But nothing comes across into HS3.

Am I using the right password?

Or am I missing something else?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff492 View Post
                            I just installed the BLRoombaWiFi plugin successfully. I then entered the ip address of the Roomba and the username/password that I use to log into the Roomba account and iOS app. But nothing comes across into HS3.

Am I using the right password?

Or am I missing something else?

Thanks!
                            Did you read about dorita980? I think your missing that step. Look in posts above.

Comment

I second this recommendation. For Windows users this was very easy to do. Hardest part was figuring out where npm stuck the dorita980 install (put it in my user directory) but otherwise got the full report with one try. Very simple and plugin seems to be working well (had to restart it for whatever reason to have it start talking to my Roomba after I entered it but otherwise works fine).

BTW, I'm another 890 owner so anyone that can confirm the plugin works fine with that Wifi model.

-XM

Originally posted by shill View Post
                              You can easily do it by running nodejs on Windows.

Just install nodejs, then use npm to install dorita980. You can then go into your nodejs\node_modules\dorita980 folder and run "node .\bin\getpassword.js <ip address>":

Code:
                              D:\Program Files (x86)\nodejs\node_modules\dorita980>node .\bin\getpassword.js 192.168.0.184
                              Make sure your robot is on the Home Base and powered on (green lights on). Then press and hold the HOME button on your robot until it plays a series of tones (about 2 seconds). Release the button and your robot will flash WIFI light.
                              Then press any key here...
                              Robot Data:
                              { ver: '2',
                                hostname: 'Roomba-99999999999999',
                                robotname: 'Roomba',
                                ip: '192.168.0.184',
                                mac: 'F0:03:8C:96:4E:61',
                                sw: 'v2.2.9-1',
                                sku: 'R980020',
                                nc: 0,
                                proto: 'mqtt',
                                blid: '99999999999999' }
                              Password=> :X:XXXXXXXXXX:ABCDEfghiJKL1234 <= Yes, all this string.
                              Use this credentials in dorita980 lib :)

Comment

what model is compatible

Hi

I'm looking to buy a roomba but i'm kind have a low budget so is there a model with wifi that work well with the plugin ?

Thx

Comment

Working...
                                X