digital dimming, or just ELV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

digital dimming, or just ELV

I find myself here because none of the various Z-wave manufacturers have had the vision to include ELV, 0-10V or DALI dimming in their switches. All you can get are the 50-year-old triac leading-edge phase cut dimmers which are an extremely poor choice for LED lighting, even though they sort of work in some cases.

I have a few questions:
    1) how well does this integrate with Homeseer?
    2) is digital dimming control directly to the LED driver supported, like DALI or 0-10V?

Please share your experiences implementing modern LED dimming control and any other thoughts on adding this to a Homeseer Z-wave system.

you have 2 way to go depending of your needs and budget:

Caseta Pro: limited switch, 49 device per hub and up to 4 hubs, you can see this for details of the switch and support
    http://reader.mediawiremobile.com/Lu...iewer?page=153 to have the details

RA2 Select: more switch and can upgrade in future time to RA2, 99 device per hub and up to 4 hubs and 4 auxiliary repeaters to extend the radio frequency (RF) range, you can see this for details of the switch and support.

http://www.lutron.com/en-US/pages/su...ct&PRDCMP=TRUE

for now only Caseta Pro and RA2 Select work with the Caseta plugin, also you will need to add all device manually in homeseer until I fix the SSL.

I have very good comment on my plugin, it is fast reacting and you can interact many way.

difference between the Pro and non-pro

non-pro: only work with SSL (not support but working on it) no feedback for Pico from lutron > HS3

Caseta Pro and Select RA2: Telnet and SSL, until I fix the SSL need to create manually all device, Pico work 2 way,

Comment

Do you know if the Ecosystem dimmable LED drivers are compatible with your plugin and Caseta system? These look like the most correct way to drive/dim LEDs without the usual pitfalls associated with phase-cut chopping the 120V power supply.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Comment

Thank you for the information. As best I can tell, Caseta does not take the final step to digital dimming controlled at the switch (or home automation) but implemented electrically in the driver. They do, however, support 10V dimming which is the next best thing, although very much an older standard.

DALI seems to be the digital lighting interface standard, but I am unsure if it integrates with Homeseer.

Comment

Working...
          X