X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Description

General Description

Click image for larger version  Name:	Battery-Health.JPG Views:	0 Size:	114.7 KB ID:	1377064

The main purpose of this plug-in is to monitor the health of battery devices in HS3 and to enable triggering of alerts from one central Virtual Device so that events do not need to be reconfigured as battery devices are added or removed from your system.

The plug-in can also monitor and report on the health of general devices in the system looking for inactivity and invalid states of devices.

The plug-in can also monitor, filter and report on the HS log including triggering events and scripts based on word, phrases or RegEx matches on log entries.

The three sections operate separately but under the umbrella of the single plug-in. You do not have to use all three sections of the plug-in.

The plug-in was written for HS3 but also works fine in HS4.

When the plug-in is first run it creates a virtual device named ‘Health Root’ which is used to display and report on the status of all monitored battery devices as well as trigger events on configurable alerts. The plug-in can monitor the following conditions:

Awake – Is the device Waking Up / Active / Responding
    Battery Level
    Battery Discharge Rate
    Battery Life – Age since batteries last replaced

The alerts and trigger levels are fully configurable as global parameters and can be overridden locally for individual devices.

In its simplest form, without any configuration, the plug-in will monitor Z-Wave non-listening battery devices that regularly wake-up. Monitoring virtual child devices are created each time a new device wakes up. Depending on the wake-up time period set for each device it will take some time after the plug-in is first started for all devices to be detected, so be patient. On repeated wake-ups the sleep period is detected and battery levels are monitored. If the device fails to wake-up this will be reported in the status of the ‘health Root’ device so that events can be configured to warn of issues. Similarly the status will show battery alerts such as low level.

A simple event triggered by the status of the ‘Health Root’ device can alert you of issues with any monitored battery devices. The guide has example events for sending reports by Pushover message and email.

In addition to the above automatic detection of non-listening devices there are a number of different methods of monitoring battery devices. These can be used to monitor other types of battery devices and are not limited to Z-Wave.

General Health Monitoring is optional and is Off by default. This is a more complex feature intended for experienced users so please refer to the guide and ask questions in this forum about its use.

Click image for larger version  Name:	General.JPG Views:	12 Size:	148.6 KB ID:	1447946

Log Monitoring and Event/Script triggering is optional and is Off by default. Please refer to the guide for details of its use.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Log Monitor.JPG Views:	59 Size:	153.2 KB ID:	1454292
    Steve
    Last edited by SteveMSJ; April 12, 2020, 09:35 AM.

All I get is a session expired link from the above PayPal link....

Comment

Originally posted by bsobel View Post
      All I get is a session expired link from the above PayPal link....
      Damn,the whole of the General Description post has disappeared, probably in the recent forum upgrade!
      I will need to recreate this from scratch but in the meantime if you download the guide from that sticky it has the general description at the beginning.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...j/104921-guide

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post

Damn,the whole of the General Description post has disappeared, probably in the recent forum upgrade!
        I will need to recreate this from scratch but in the meantime if you download the guide from that sticky it has the general description at the beginning.
        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...j/104921-guide

Steve
        General Description post at top of thread recreated.

Comment

General Description updated to reflect newer features of SDJ-Health and to move this sticky to the top of the list in the subforum.

Steve

Comment

Steve, I would like to try out your plugin. The link is post 3 doesn't work and I don't see any other link to it.

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
              Steve, I would like to try out your plugin. The link is post 3 doesn't work and I don't see any other link to it.
              The link in post 3 of this thread is just to the thread containing the guide document which is a sticky in this sub forum. I've repaired The link.
              The plug-in can be installed from the updater. In HS3 it is in the Utilities section, in HS4 I think you have to use the search facility to find it but it installs fine.

If you need any help just start a thread in this subforum.

Steve

Comment

Oh, duh, I didn't realize you had your own forum. I thought I was just in some general thread. Anyways, I downloaded it and will see what kind of devices it finds.

Comment

Working...
                X