Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi James, good to read you got it to work. As to your questions:

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
    1. I don't see a button for the "Internet @TV" menu. However, I am not sure which of the 'KEY_xxxx' commands brings this up anyway. Do you know? Perhaps KEY_ENTERTAINMENT or KEY_APP_LIST. I'll give it a shot from my plugin tonight to see if I can figure out which one it is.
    I'd recommend that you try them one at the time, it could be that it is one of the keycodes that I did not convert into a button (see list posted above) so you may have to script it and figure out the right code. Maybe on SammyGo there is some posting. If you do find it, post it here so other users have some benefit of the information.

2. When I go to add an event, I don't see the Samsung Remote in the 'Add Action' dropdown. Many other plugins show directly in this list and then you can choose the actual command (a list of buttons for this plugin). I also tried the generic 'Device Action' option and when I choose the Samsung Remote, it just gives me the On/Off commands.
    Do you think that something didn't install correctly, or perhaps this is on the to-do or wish lists?

I know I can use the script that you provided (or the one that we built) but being able to directly call the commands from an event is definitely something that I would like to be able to do.
    I have not coded any trigger or conditions, I need to have a look at the devices, because I would assume they would show up, is that what you mean by on/off?

Dirk

Comment

1. I don't see a button for the "Internet @TV" menu. However, I am not sure which of the 'KEY_xxxx' commands brings this up anyway. Do you know? Perhaps KEY_ENTERTAINMENT or KEY_APP_LIST. I'll give it a shot from my plugin tonight to see if I can figure out which one it is.
      To get to Internet@TV, the key code is KEY_RSS. Will add a button in next beta.

2. When I go to add an event, I don't see the Samsung Remote in the 'Add Action' dropdown. Many other plugins show directly in this list and then you can choose the actual command (a list of buttons for this plugin). I also tried the generic 'Device Action' option and when I choose the Samsung Remote, it just gives me the On/Off commands.
      Do you think that something didn't install correctly, or perhaps this is on the to-do or wish lists?
      Actually thought I knew HS better, I need to add more code for this . So next Beta.

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
        I'd recommend that you try them one at the time, it could be that it is one of the keycodes that I did not convert into a button (see list posted above) so you may have to script it and figure out the right code. Maybe on SammyGo there is some posting. If you do find it, post it here so other users have some benefit of the information.
        I went through about 30 of the KEY_ commands last night that could have had a chance of being the right one with no luck. However, I did discover the KEY_CONTENTS followed by KEY_ENTER achieves the same (at least on the UN55C8000), so I have a work around.

Of course I HAVE to figure out the discrete command, now that I've started! I tried Wiresharking just this command from the native iApp, but I must have had something incorrect in my setup as I was only able to capture the ack back from the TV to the iPhone and not the outbound request. I did figure out how to decode the Base64 string from my script, so at least I should be able to do the same once I have the Wireshark config capturing the outbound packets from the iPhone. I will post any further discoveries.

I have not coded any trigger or conditions, I need to have a look at the devices, because I would assume they would show up, is that what you mean by on/off?
        It is device actions that I am not seeing. If I create a new event and go directly to the Actions tab, then click in the "Add Action" drop-down, I don't see anything in there for the Remote Plugin. I do see the standard HS actions plus a lot of actions for other Plugins that I have installed. I was hoping to see a Samsung Remote device in that list and then, when selected, for that to populate a sub list of device actions - one for each of the commands that you have created buttons for. Does that make sense?

Thanks again
        James
        cheeryfool

Comment

Hi All, I have been using this plung-in for a bit and wanted to pass along some info. Right now the plug-in sees my new Samsung e8000 TV and also my new Samsung Blu-ray player (BD-EM59C). I have not had too much time to test but some of the function buttons work and some don't. It would be much better if the plug-in allowed the user to build / specify the buttons that are displayed and assign key codes to them. Right now the list does not match very well with either device. Also, the plugin seems to have crashed HS a few times, output below in case it helps with trouble shooting. Interested in this working but I don't have too much time to help beta test it....

4/7/2012 6:05:42 PM
          A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.1.42:55000
          HomeSeer version: 2.5.0.49
          Source: System
          Target: Void EndConnect(System.IAsyncResult)
          Stack trace:
          at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
          at HSPI_SAMSUNGREMOTE.AsynchronousClient.ConnectCallback(IAsync Result ar)
          at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
          at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.CompleteCallback(Object state)
          at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
          at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWi thGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
          at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionConte xt executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
          at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
          at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
          at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(Object result, IntPtr userToken)
          at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.ConnectCallback()
          at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.RegisteredWaitCallback(Object state, Boolean timedOut)
          at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitOrTimerCallback.PerformWaitO rTimerCallback(Object state, Boolean timedOut)

Please specify what you were doing at the time of this error:

Comment

To get to Internet@TV, the key code is KEY_RSS. Will add a button in next beta.

Actually thought I knew HS better, I need to add more code for this . So next Beta.

Dirk
            Sorry, didn't see this response before I sent my other one a few minutes back!

Of course, KEY_RSS wasn't one that I tried.

Thanks for the updates. Let me know when you have a new version and I will give it a good testing.

I also had one instance of HS crashing - I think because of the plugin. If I see it again, I will capture the logs and send.
            cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by norcoscia View Post
              Hi All, I have been using this plung-in for a bit and wanted to pass along some info. Right now the plug-in sees my new Samsung e8000 TV and also my new Samsung Blu-ray player (BD-EM59C). I have not had too much time to test but some of the function buttons work and some don't. It would be much better if the plug-in allowed the user to build / specify the buttons that are displayed and assign key codes to them. Right now the list does not match very well with either device. Also, the plugin seems to have crashed HS a few times, output below in case it helps with trouble shooting. Interested in this working but I don't have too much time to help beta test it....

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.1.42:55000
              Stack trace:
              at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWi thGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
              at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionConte xt executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
              at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
              at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(Object result, IntPtr userToken)
              at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.RegisteredWaitCallback(Object state, Boolean timedOut)
              at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitOrTimerCallback.PerformWaitO rTimerCallback(Object state, Boolean timedOut)

Which OS are you using? Did it happen when you clicked a button or when nothing was happening?
              Last edited by dcorsus; April 11, 2012, 09:41 AM.

Comment

I also had one instance of HS crashing - I think because of the plugin. If I see it again, I will capture the logs and send.
                Which OS are you running this on? Did it happen when you clicked a button or when nothing was happening?
                Last edited by dcorsus; April 11, 2012, 09:40 AM.

Comment

I was clicking a button (pretty sure I was) - running Windows 7 Pro 64bit, hardware platform is Apple MacBookAir w/ 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor & 4GB memory - NOTE: Running Windows 7 via boot camp. I'm concurrently running Vitamin D (IP camera software). Other (nonstandard) Plug-in's running are:

* ADIO-100
                  * UltraWeatherBug
                  * Sonos Controller
                  * UltraPioneerAVR

This has happened twice - both time I was trying a few of the different default buttons....

Comment

Which OS are you running this on? Did it happen when you clicked a button or when nothing was happening?
                    XP Pro. It happened when I wasn't using the plugin. I tried to dim my lights using HS Touch from the iPhone and nothing happened. Remoted on to the HS box and found a crash pop-up dialog. I was just looking for the log entries but couldn't find it. If I see it again, I will be sure to capture the screenshot of the pop-up and/or log entries.
                    cheeryfool

Comment

Also, the plugin seems to have crashed HS a few times, output below in case it helps with trouble shooting. Interested in this working but I don't have too much time to help beta test it....

Stack trace:

Found the issue, will be fixed in next upcoming beta (v06)

Dirk

Comment

New beta v.06 posted

Changes to beta v06

• Added Events
                        • Fixed error causing HS to crash when the TCP/IP connection was refused or closed
                        • Added a button for Internet
                        • Buttons are now configurable via an .ini file but all functions aren't there yet. You can find the remotecontrol.ini file in the <hsroot>\html\SamsungRemote\RemoteControl. More to follow in next beta

Comment

Changes to beta v06

• Added Events
                          • Fixed error causing HS to crash when the TCP/IP connection was refused or closed
                          • Added a button for Internet
                          • Buttons are now configurable via an .ini file but all functions aren't there yet. You can find the remotecontrol.ini file in the <hsroot>\html\SamsungRemote\RemoteControl. More to follow in next beta
                          Thanks Dirk for all 4 items. Device actions are working as desired in events.
                          cheeryfool

Comment

This log entry showed up when I turned on my TV today, passing along in case it helps with development. I'm running the latest version.

4/18/2012 4:25:09 AM SamsungRemote Callback received for Zone [TV]PN60E8000 with device name = uuid:09896800-00a0-1000-9990-8cc8cda5bb47 and Model = 1.0
                            4/18/2012 4:25:09 AM SamsungRemote CreateRemoteButtons has last character for device - [TV]PN60E8000 = 
                            4/18/2012 4:25:09 AM Warning GetDevice is not reliable for device enumeration. Please use the new GetDeviceEnumerator method.

Comment

This log entry showed up when I turned on my TV today, passing along in case it helps with development. I'm running the latest version.

4/18/2012 4:25:09 AM SamsungRemote Callback received for Zone [TV]PN60E8000 with device name = uuid:09896800-00a0-1000-9990-8cc8cda5bb47 and Model = 1.0
                              4/18/2012 4:25:09 AM SamsungRemote CreateRemoteButtons has last character for device - [TV]PN60E8000 = 
                              4/18/2012 4:25:09 AM Warning GetDevice is not reliable for device enumeration. Please use the new GetDeviceEnumerator method.
                              Thanks for the feedback!

The first logentry is part of normal output of the plugin because it shows the user when it lost or reconnected to a device
                              The second logentry I will remove, it was part of some debugging I did on this part and forgot to remove it.
                              The third logentry is benign, it is HS complaining I should use a different way

Dirk

Comment

Thanks

Hi DCORSUS,

Many thanks for this plug, works fine on my Samsung 3D, too bad the WOL does not work. Bad design from Samsung.
                                I tested a some of these command, and work fine, great.
                                Many thanks.[
                                Joe

Comment

Working...
                                X