Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cooper Aspire RF RFWC5 Scene Controler - Partial Scene Control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooper Aspire RF RFWC5 Scene Controler - Partial Scene Control?

Hello, everyone,
    I have an odd question. I have installed a couple of Cooper Aspire RF RFWC5 scene controllers. I have not even assigned scenes to all of the buttons, since I only want to use the new Cooper dimmers and switches in those scenes. I'm in a process of replacing non-z-wave switches and Jasco/GE switches and dimmers with Cooper dimmers, so might as well replace first and then create a scene.

So, the first scene was super simple: two night lights in my daughter's bedroom. Next, also simple: flood security lights outside. Good. Moving on. Last scene i created last night is for the so-called "Guests" light mode on the first floor. It consists of a number of lights dimmed to different setting, each - optimal for that room / corner / etc. Take a look at a screen capture below:

Deployed this scene to one of the buttons on the controller and here's what I have. Turning the scene on from the controller works great: all lights turn on as intended. Turning the scene off only turns off living room, lobby, and dining room lights. The butler's pantry walkway, as well as my second floor balcony / catwalk lights stay on. No other effect, They just stay at that scene's preset dimmed levels, as if I had never pushed the button to turn scene off. Trying to push the button again at this point turns the rest of the lights in the scene back on, since, of course, I now turned it on again. Push the button to turn the scene off: again, those two lights stay on.

All of the lights in the scene are controlled by Cooper dimmers, just installed. The one in the pantry that doesn't turn off is a single pole master dimmer switch. The one on the catwalk is a 4-way dimmer (i.e. master and two accessory switches), but the scene is using the master. Manually, of course, I can turn those lights off, using their individual dimmer switches.

What is going on? Why won't those two lights respond to the scene off command?

+1

Are the lights which won't turn off also elements of other scenes, and the lights which do go off not elements of other scenes? If so, I seem to recall an ambiguity arising because of that. Maybe that explains it?

Comment

Originally posted by NeverDie View Post
      +1

Are the lights which won't turn off also elements of other scenes, and the lights which do go off not elements of other scenes? If so, I seem to recall an ambiguity arising because of that. Maybe that explains it?
      No, not yet! I want to have the same scene or some of the same lights controlled by two other controllers. But for now, it's just one scene, on controller, one set of five lights. Three work as intended, two - only scene ON...

Comment

Working...
      X