Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to create stand alone X10 devices with wireless WGL800 (no other x10 hardware)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to create stand alone X10 devices with wireless WGL800 (no other x10 hardware)

I have a WGL800a on a serial com port and three DS10a along with nine MS16a motion sensors.

Installed BLRF and set up the DS10a security sensors in the BLRF security sensor section and they work without issue.

I realize the consensus is that no device will report correct status directly and you must create a device and toggle with events that set the device using the BLRF X10 trigger. That worked for a while as creating the event also created an "unknown" device that would toggle in response to events that referenced the device, but failed when HS3 was restarted. The log file recognized the device and the status change and worked right up until a shutdown and restart of HS3. After restart the log still recognized the device and status change but would not change the actual status of the device.

Now to the issue (which seems to affect a lot of users):

I have tried all kinds of techniques to add the MS16a motion sensors in a system that only utilizes the WGL800a as a wireless receiver and does not use X10 for any other purpose than a sensor input (no X10 devices to control).

Tried enabling the HS3 X10 plugin (fatal error since it wants a com port). Enabled HS3 CM15 plugin - creates an X10 tab but the device (when assigned a house code on the X10 tab) does not respond to events that attempt to set the device directly or when using a BLRF event reference to toggle the device.

Tried disabling al X10 plugins and creating a virtual device and toggling with BLRF events but the does not respond.

There appears to be no method in the BLRF plugin itself to create a stand alone X10 motion device that is consistently controllable either directly or using events to toggle the state of the device. The possible exception was the "unknown" device that was created when the event was created that later quit responding.

Is there some published procedure to create a device and allow the BLRF plugin to control the status of device, either directly or through events that will set the device status (absent any other X10 hardware or plugin). Maybe there is some requirement to connect the device to the BLRF plugin through an address or device type.

There are several threads dancing around this issue, most of which require enabling one of the X10 plugins (not required or unavailable when using X10 as sensor receiver only hardware). I must be missing something.

WGL800- BLRF - MS16 sensors

Create a virtual device for each sensor.
    Configure each MS with a unique house code (e.g. - A1, A2 etc)
    Within BLRF create a shadow device link for each MS to the corresponding virtual device.
    No need for any X10 plug ins

Comment

Thank you! That worked with ease. I kept reading the posts about the X10 plugins and requirement to create events and the simple solution was right in front of me.

Comment

Working...
      X