Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any easy way to add multiple devices to an event?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any easy way to add multiple devices to an event?

My first event happens to be a "good night" event that turns off all the lights downstairs and turn on bedroom lights.

It's no problem if there were only a few device but going through 15+ devices for a single event step by step is very time consuming. There's gotta be a quicker way to do this right?

Hard to provide an answer without knowing more about your configuration. What technology are your switches and dimmers?

I am mainly insteon. I have an insteon group that includes all lighting devices that my 'Sleeping' event turns off.

Comment

I'm all Zwave at this time.

It's my first day with HS so bare with me.

I have my devices separated into floors and rooms.

Can I also create a group and add certain devices to that remain in the original floors and rooms?

Comment

I have only a little experience with z-wave. If you poke around the z-wave sub forum I would suspect you would find an answer. Look for how to create groups that contain multiple devices.

But until you find an easier way, just take 15 minutes and enter them. In my case, the 'Sleeping' event controls the most devices of any other event. Most of the others just control a few.

Welcome to HS3 by the way. It is a very powerful system. This forum is a great resource. Ease in.

Comment

Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post
          I have my devices separated into floors and rooms.

Can I also create a group and add certain devices to that remain in the original floors and rooms?
          To a large degree, the floors and rooms classification is mainly for viewing them. It doesn't allow for control at that level.

Comment

It's no problem if there were only a few device but going through 15+ devices for a single event step by step is very time consuming. There's gotta be a quicker way to do this right?
            15 devices..... wait until you have a whole house full of them.

But no there is no easier way. It should be a one time thing to add them. I can add 15 in around 2 min. Click the plus on the right side 15 times then be quuck with the drop downs.

Now if you were going to be doing this for alot of other things also you could make one EVENT that's all lights off then in all your other events you can just say run this one event instead of adding all lights again. But if your just talking about this one time deal then 15 should be a piece of cake.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
              15 devices..... wait until you have a whole house full of them.

But no there is no easier way. It should be a one time thing to add them. I can add 15 in around 2 min. Click the plus on the right side 15 times then be quuck with the drop downs.

Now if you were going to be doing this for alot of other things also you could make one EVENT that's all lights off then in all your other events you can just say run this one event instead of adding all lights again. But if your just talking about this one time deal then 15 should be a piece of cake.
              You can add multiple devices to one action which at least saves adding the action 15 times. Once you add the first device action, there should be an empty field that allows you to scroll through the list for the next one. When you add that, it opens another field and so on. Not what you're looking for, but still quicker than 15 full actions with one device each.
              cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                You can add multiple devices to one action which at least saves adding the action 15 times. Once you add the first device action, there should be an empty field that allows you to scroll through the list for the next one. When you add that, it opens another field and so on. Not what you're looking for, but still quicker than 15 full actions with one device each.
                I would hope he figured that out already. Who knows, but I thik his complaint was just setting 15 actions for one condition/event.

He is probley looking for some "select all" button. But for many seleting all would include so many devices that are not lights or didnt want added it would take me more time to remove the unwanted then just adding the 15 I did.

Comment

I didn't even look, I ended up adding a device and action for each. LOL

good thing I only did that one event for now.

Comment

I didn't even look, I ended up adding a device and action for each. LOL

good thing I only did that one event for now.
                    There is a green plus on the right side for adding more conditions or actions.

So one event can handle a some conditions and you can also add a ton of actions(not sure what the limit is but its more then your 15) for each light off.

Comment

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
                      To a large degree, the floors and rooms classification is mainly for viewing them. It doesn't allow for control at that level.
                      There is a handy event zwave action; that can control devices using floor/room designations or even all off/on

Personally I create an all on/off group for every room, then in turn call all of those events to globally turn lights on/off.

I prefer this for 2 reasons; 1) I have a standard central scene where a double tap in a room either turns all lights off/on for that room. 2) using the zwave all on/off command is a bit like setting off a nuke in your zwave network; back before I had switches that instantly reported their status an all on/off command would leave homeseer pretty out of sync.. I value being able to look at a display and knowing how many lights are on and in what roos. I've not played around with zwave all on/off since I've upgraded most of my switches, however when I'd go to execute another zwave command right after using the all on/off it usually failed for for about a minute....
                      Attached Files
                      HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
                      Number of Devices: 1005
                      Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Working...
                      X